Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT! CHECK NOPI AND PROBESPORT. THEY GO FOR $40-$99. NOPI HAS A FRONT ONE FOR THE 4CYL FROM FREEDOM DESIGNS THAT WILL FIT THE REAR OF OUR CARS WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE FRONT. ALSO PRD(PROBESPORT) HAS A GOOD MODEL.
GOOD LUCK!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the rear definantly makes more of a difference...the mx6s' front end is pretty strong already but the back needs alot of work...and the strut bar will help alot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the PRD bar fit our cars? Also, I was under the impression that the rears on our cars were pretty stiff, and it was the probe that had problems because it was a hatchback. The rear deck has a metal substructure that seems pretty surdy to me, although that may not connect the two rear struts together.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey try callin CORKSPORT.com,
thats where i got my bar for my 93 4cyl.
I thought it works pretty good at higher speeds.
Good Luck

ToyMX6

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I would definitely get the strut bars for both the front and the rear. The rear needs it more than the front but the front could use some help as well. The strut bars for the front and rear are identical. So are the strut barf from a Probe. If you find one for either cars, I would just get 2 of them and place them on both the front and rear.

Next mod after that... SWAY BAR.

·
Registered
257 Posts
WHERE'S A GOOD PLACE TO FIND SWAY BARS FOR A GOOD PRICE? I'M GONNA GET THOSE NEXT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
willmx6 said:
Does the PRD bar fit our cars? Also, I was under the impression that the rears on our cars were pretty stiff, and it was the probe that had problems because it was a hatchback. The rear deck has a metal substructure that seems pretty surdy to me, although that may not connect the two rear struts together.
The Rear Strut bar was designed for Hatch back type vehicles...

The MX6 has built in X bracing from the factory as do most vehicles with a trunk instead of a hatch...

I would say that a Rear Strut Bar on the MX6 does little to nothing...You would be better off investing in Sway bars...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts