Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
35 bucks? thats a damn good deal.
But to clarify, the one that may not fit right is the front strut bar. I've heard it rubs against the manifold and the it isn't bent right or something. But I've also heard some people who have it say there was not any problem at all with the fitting.
The rear strut bar however fits fine and supposedly makes quite a difference. I just bought one and waiting to recieve. The only con with a rear is that it takes up a little trunk space and limits the size of a subwoofer and box (if u want to put it flush against the back seats). It still leaves you a good 14"s on height to play aroud with though.
The front bar does not make much of a difference as far as reducing body roll but the back does. Because of that and the fact that its a crapp shoot on wether it fits or not I opted to just get the rear.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Both are meant to firm up the body and decrease body flex. That is keep the car stiffer and therefore handle better and take turns harder and faster.
The front bar doesn't really affect the body flex up front because, heck there is a big engine there and alot of weight for one bar to stiffen.
The rear does seem to make a difference because its the only thing back there to stiffen it up and since there is not much weight back there, there is a noticeable difference.
Both are meant to do the exact same jobs, only in two different places. One seems to make more of a difference than the other.

·
Registered
475 Posts
its a pain because of the location of the rear struts. There is not much rom to get your hands in there and a rachet. I found it was easier to go through the back seats and work from that side as opposed to going through the trunk. Its really not that big of a pain and with a little patience is a piece of cake.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have seen a few strut bars in mags, but I would like to know what kind you guys have. I know of the PRD rear strut brace, but what do you guys recomend for the front?

·
Registered
475 Posts
ractive and mazdaspeed both make the front and rear strut bars for our car. Ractives are cheaper and i believe more people have them.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i got one (FSTB) for $28 through street beat customs, it fit great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts