Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which would be the better option: front and rear strut bars or a bigger rear sway bar? how would they affect my handling differently.
thanks

·
Registered
446 Posts
Rear strut bar is cheaper and gives a more positive feel to the rear end of the car. The rear sway bar is more expensive and takes some getting used to. They both seem to help out noticeably.

·
Registered
459 Posts
For the money I'd say strut bars. The definatley stiffen the car up, and the stock sawy bar is pretty good. If you wanted you could just change the bushings on the sway bar and probably still do the strut bars for cheaper than a good sway bar.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Front strut will do almost nothing, rear strut will stiffen the rear slightly, rear sway bar will make a tremendous difference in the handling of the car. Our rear sway bar is tiny, if you upgrade to the Addco 22mm bar the cars handling will transform to near neutral to slight oversteer instead of tyhe standard understeer on all passenger cars. It takes some getting used to having your back end break loose first in a corner but once you are used to it you can really fly through the turns and let the car help you. After that adjustable struts are very good for fine tuning the suspension.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hello...

does this screw you up on winter/icey roads? I already find that the rear tends to 'float' on my '6 would this make it even worse?
Cya,
Claeren.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I know you will!

But don't the swaybar and strut brace do two different things. i.e.:-

The sway bar is specifically designed to control body "roll"
and the strut brace is to reduce body "flex" and to maintain alignment angles and spring rates.

4wsb

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what are the best end links and bushings for our cars? front and rear sway bar applications?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i got a chrome FSTB for $28...

and yes, the strut bar increases torsional rigidity, while the anti-roll bar does... well, just that.

a FTSB will probably help the most in the area of keeping the tires on the ground while doing a burnout...LOL, but that varies from car to car...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts