Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would anyone kno where i could buy a front strut bar for my 6?...i cant seem to find one for this car.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Myself and other members have got a strut bar for a 2gen mx6 and slightly modified them to fit. Clearance is not an issue, but the mounting holes will have to be enlarged/slotted. As for a direct fit, I don't think so, but maybe someone knows of one.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
drsjr1980 said:
As for a direct fit, I don't think so, but maybe someone knows of one.
Ya haven't been around here too long, have ya? Both dutch626 and corksport offer direct-fit bars (fitting CORRECTLY, flush with the strut tower, accounting for the ignition and cruise control brackets.) They are a bit pricey, though. Not sure if dutch626 is still making them. His were very high quality, unlike the $25 ebay junk.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

Mine fits correctly. I got it on ebay, took alot of work to make it fit but it works and works well. The constrution of it really is pretty good, no as Good as Dutch but still good, of corse I no longer have crusie control or that braket for the coil/ fuel filter so this may be harder for some to make work.
evo

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the same bar, still have cruise control and the bracket for the ignition holding my blaster 2 coil. It just took a bit of trimming of the brackets, nothing major. I also think it's made of some pretty stout stuff for 25 dollars.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay so what type of front strut bar is it then, so i can get one?

·
Registered
737 Posts
magik8 said:
Ya haven't been around here too long, have ya? Both dutch626 and corksport offer direct-fit bars (fitting CORRECTLY, flush with the strut tower, accounting for the ignition and cruise control brackets.) They are a bit pricey, though. Not sure if dutch626 is still making them. His were very high quality, unlike the $25 ebay junk.
If you read what you wrote, I think you kind of contradicted the statement. The question was, "would anyone kno where i could buy a front strut bar for my 6?...i cant seem to find one for this car." So I answered him with the available options, you said yourself that you didn't know if dutch still made them, and for the corksport, ok I didn't know about them. That's why I posted that I didn't know, but I did know, from what i've read, that dutch hadn't posted anything about them being for sale in a while. $25 ebay junk? Have you tried it? Have you seen the exact piece we're talking about? It's cheap, yes, mainly because it's mass produced. It's most likely a cheaper style that dutch or corksport, but it will do the same thing just as good. It's cheap because somewhere in a big warehouse someone stocked a whole bunch and now they're not selling so well, and the 1gen ones are in demand and a special order that means the price goes up. whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts