Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Please post here how easy it was to install, and if it fits exactly right - good engine clearance and no hood scraping.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I will also be very interested in how they fit as it says on their site they ship overseas also.

·
Registered
257 Posts
YEAH MAN, I WANNA KNOW HOW IT FITS UNDER THE HOOD WITH A 2.5L.

·
Registered
257 Posts
AND HOW THICK IT IS.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok

Ok Mx6er's, I'll let you all know how this installation goes. Just to let you know I'm female, so I just want to have things straighten out alittle. heh heh

·
Registered
358 Posts
Now it's only $28!!!

Probetalk happens to be doing a bulk buy on the same strut brace. Go here for the details.
Originally posted by Mickeyway:
I just got off the phone with them. Don't wait for me. Just call them up with your credit card ready. They only have the chrome one left. It came out to $40 With shipping to canada. Just call up Meagan Say your from the North amercan POC and tell her about the $28 bar deal and mention My name somewhere in there (Mike Kaziberdov) And thats all there is too it! You get a discount! Sweet....

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
? am I right that the same brace will fit front and rear? because for 35$ to the UK I its a great deal.

Do we have any feedback on how they fit yet??

[Edited by mx6_uk on 01-01-2001 at 05:05 PM]

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Strut Brace!!!

K peeps, I just recieved my strut brace from street beat customs and the clearance from the hood is very limited. When I closed the hood it didn't shut all the way. I had to raise the hood higher than usual in order for it to close completely. As far as installation, my brother and my dad put it on there and they said one of the brackets were too short. In other words, the bracket holes were small and we had to use a drill to widen them out some. Other than that, the strut brace looks great.

Later

Ruby :)

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Thanks for the feedback it would be nice to see some close up pics if you can get some.

G

·
Re: Strut Brace!!!

rubstr said:
K peeps, I just recieved my strut brace from street beat customs and the clearance from the hood is very limited. When I closed the hood it didn't shut all the way. I had to raise the hood higher than usual in order for it to close completely. As far as installation, my brother and my dad put it on there and they said one of the brackets were too short. In other words, the bracket holes were small and we had to use a drill to widen them out some. Other than that, the strut brace looks great.

Later

Ruby :)
I wonder if it will clear the hood on my Probe?

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Just ordered mine. :)

I wonder if it will clear the hood on my Probe?
I imagine if probetalk are doing a bulk buy they should fit under your hood

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Well I did order my strut braces on the 7-Jan-01 and I have just cancelled my order. They kept telling me that they were waiting for for them to arrive and it will be another ten days. I phoned back and got the exact same story.
Ah well I have now found a UK supplier it is dearer than streetbeat but I will get them in a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts