Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are struts hard to put on. I'm planning on buying tokico struts pretty soon, and I'd rather put them on myself. Do I need any special tools and is there a specific procedure I should follow?

'93 LS -Orlando

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i took my friend and i a while to do it on my car, but we didnt have a spring compressor, which took more time. if i was gonna do it again, i would definatly go rent one. they're pretty cheap and will save you time. other than that, the front struts are a snap, but the back ones are a little difficult to get at the bolts holding them in. i took out my whole rear deck to get at them from the top, which involved taking apart most of the back of my car. now, i dont think you have to do this to get at them, but i figured what the hell, its easier to see them at least. once you get em off its pretty easy to do everything and put em back on. BTW, do you have stock springs or aftermarket? if u intend on getting new springs, i would put them on at the same time with the struts, it'll save you alot of trouble!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Pico said:
Are struts hard to put on. I'm planning on buying tokico struts pretty soon, and I'd rather put them on myself. Do I need any special tools and is there a specific procedure I should follow?

'93 LS -Orlando
Go to my web site, uder "Ground Control install" There you'll see everything you need to do in order to remove the front and rear struts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts