Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on expert village watching a video explaining front strut mounts, and he was saying that if a front strut mount is bad then you will get memory steering. I have been having this problem for a while but not sure where to get the mounts, I've been looking around but haven't really found much any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so I got a strut mount to repair the memory steering. Now, I'm not sure if this mount is missing anything... I thought there was a bearing or something that was in the middle of the top. I'll post a picture and maybe someone will know... Thanks.

(Haha my ferret really wanted to be in the picture)! That is all that came in the box do I need something else or is this ready to be put in?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
the bearing isn't connected to the strut mount. if it came with your mount, it should have been in a separate plastic baggy or box or something. also, it goes underneath the mount between the top strut seat and the mount. there are only bearings on the front of the car (since the front wheels turn)

you'll need to buy a bearing (Auto Parts Fast at RockAuto)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah that's what I thought was missing, thanks. Haha yeah man those ferrets are nosy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts