Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good topic for discussion. When getting new springs and or struts are strut mounts really that important :argue: :argue: I am asking this because i have never heard it brought up in any posts (that i can remember :smokin: ) At KYB WORLDWIDE http://www.kyb.com/shocks/dboots.html it sounds like it would improve the upgrade on a car as old as mine ( 93 ls) Any feedback would help thanks jdub Ps my guess its the old saying " if u love and take car of your car u would" issue

·
Registered
948 Posts
i don't know about upgrading them. but make sure you replace them when they are needed. I had one that was so cracked the spring and strut were starting to push through it..... not cool... I would think that they might some that are stronger. but i don't think it would make that much of a diffrence.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Guy2626c said:
i don't know about upgrading them. but make sure you replace them when they are needed. I had one that was so cracked the spring and strut were starting to push through it..... not cool... I would think that they might some that are stronger. but i don't think it would make that much of a diffrence.
Corksport makes a beefier set, but after two months of trying to get them I gave up. :mad:

Anywho, always replace the stock rubber ones when you replace the struts. Use the KYB replacements. The front ones actually have a better strut bearing than the three-times-the-price OEM part.
-Garrett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts