Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 88gt needs new rear struts, can i but non adjustable struts on the rear and leave the front adj ones?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
sure, u can, its the matter if u wanna spend 215$ each for adjustable struts for the front becasue mazda is the only one that makes those adjustable struts. and u could use KYB or tokico for the rear.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
struts

You can do about anything you like to an older car such as our "6"s, but don't expect the adjustable feature to be functional any longer. This may be considered as a downgrade for a GT.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the guy i bought my car recently put new adjustable mazda struts on the front of the car, now the rear of the car needs struts, and i dont fee like spening llots of cash for adjustable, so can i put non adj, sturts on the rear and leave the adj on the front?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Adj. struts

If brand new adj. struts were installed on the front, I'd be considering a pair of good used ones for the rear to maintain the adjustable function. Check the For Sale / Wanted Forum, as they are ocassionally offered at good prices.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
well u could get another kind in ther rear if u dont want to sped much money. just get something that is inthe middle of what the adjustable struts are. is say, go with the kyb struts, its your best choice.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There have been several post that AAS can be had for cheaper than the dealer. Autozone sells them for about 100 bucks each. These are the AAS struts and need to be special ordered but basically they are new old stock.

Well I search autozone and they only have left the front ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts