Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
what country you from man, because if yours is a 1st gen, i have to move it there but if it is a 2gen i will move it some where else

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
STRUT BAR

1ST GEN MX6, SEEMS I HAVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE AND THE ONLY THING I HAVE FOUND IS FOR 93 AND UP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
strut bar

yeah, i went ahead and ordered one , still, there has got to be someone out there who sales them like they sale them for hondas/aks, thanks for lettin me know though

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Huh? Is corksport making them again? I talked to them after Christmas and it didn't sound like they would ever make them again.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i bought a front bar from a guy that was selling his 88 mx6 gt. bar fits nice, looks nice, and didnt cost me $200. i think he got it from the local performance shop here in town. god i hate that place. but on the cool side he does have 6 rx7's out front. ohh and he can import skylines, i know this b/c everytime i walk in the door he asks me if i want one. not that, that means anything.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
smachan;

Checked your website but didn't see any pictures of this bar. Do you have any and can you post them or email them to me?

·
Registered
405 Posts
i did take pics of it, it was at night and off center. that is why i never posted them. let me see if i can find the disk with them on it. if not i will snap some pics tonight at work.

·
Registered
405 Posts
pics posted on web-site. sorry i dont have time to post here, and every time i do any way they are X's. just click under mods. i told you they were shitty pics. enjoy.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Brackets? You mean the ones in the trunk?

well i believe there was two brackets on there, cant remember now. but it is sitting on top of one bracket. i set it on top b/c it fits inside the upward bends on the bracket. i used washers on the other side to compensate for the height difference.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
No; the bracket that sits on top of the front strut towers. For a strut bar to be effective it must sit right on top of the strut tower. That is why the CS bar is one of the only ones that really fits. The others are mostly cosmetic.

Take a look at these pictures. You will understand.

http://manifest.iai.net/Pictures/00 MX6 Project/Performance/

That is unless you can get barry_4ws to make one for you; nice homemade bar Barry!

·
Registered
405 Posts
i understood that to begin with, when i did it i jacked the car up off of the ground to take the tension off of the strut mount bolts, then put the bar in snug, when i lowered the car the bolts sqeezed the bar even more. trust me that mofo is working. i took it out for a little while just to see if it truly doing anything, and i can tell a difference when cornering at high speeds.i cant believe that 2mm that it is sitting up is causing that bar not to do anything.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The reason it works better when it sits flush with the top of the strut tower, is that the bar is supposed to derive it's strength through a clamping force (bolts clamping it down to the metal), NOT a shearing force (where the energy is being transferred into the shaft of the bolt in a sideways direction.) Hope that makes sense.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts