Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
So my problem is:
1) I need to find strut kit that is a bit longer than oem (1-2 inch)
2) it must be with coilover - so I can make my mx6 as low as I can
3) I need it cause we accidentally made front blitz bumper a bit too low - and in Latvia roads are like hell ...

so... anyone know where I can get smth?

Thanks ...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The strut won't be the problem since it can open easily an extra inch or two. The spring will be a bit short. The only thing I can think of (since I am sure that this will have to be a custom job) is add some foam padding that will fit at the spring ends. I am not sure as to why you need an extra 1 to 2 inches. I don't get how the bumper affects the strut length.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when I recieved my new bodykit ... it was a little bit twisted and uneven ... so we cut forn bumper and added lower part to previously cutted oem bumper... and as we made that - it slipped for an inch or two - and front bumper is lower ... clearence from ground is about 4.5" ... and it's very very hard to drive ... so I need smth to rise it a bit ...
I know probe addiction sold custom made coilovers, but I hadn't money enough - so I'm looking for it now ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
The strut won't be the problem since it can open easily an extra inch or two. The spring will be a bit short. The only thing I can think of (since I am sure that this will have to be a custom job) is add some foam padding that will fit at the spring ends. I am not sure as to why you need an extra 1 to 2 inches. I don't get how the bumper affects the strut length.
You really think that will work? Foam at the end of the springs? Unless this foam is from the space shuttle i think that is very unsafe and stupid idea. And then maybe still unsafe, and definitely still stupid.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i vote mod the body work and fix your mistake. not modify stuff that already works, especially suspension stuff. if you mess with that stuff, you'll end up killing yourself. If your car looks like crap for a little bit until you get it fixed, so be it. Fix the mistake, not mess up other things

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I have to cut my front bumper in two parts and it's much much more complicated than it sounds - cause we built it to last (so to say) and I thought I can buy some kind of coilovers to rise front a bit ... and lower - when I will need it ... so ... any ideas?
And now I have hard rubber spacers for about 1.5" and driving is like gravel ...

P.S. I don't want to modify suspension ... I need new one ...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I would say the Black Ninja after being a member for a whole two months must have loads more experience than me and calling my idea stupid twice in the same post must make him feel far superior. Thank you almighty Black Ninja for your participation.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The lower spring cushion is made of microcellular foam. Adding more than one cushion may help your current situation. Your description of your problem is difficult to picture. Taking some photos of what you are working on might help obtain better feedback from the MX6 community. I have even used garden hose at the ends of aftermarket springs as a cushion to prevent the spring from rattling around over bumps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The lower spring cushion is made of microcellular foam. Adding more than one cushion may help your current situation. Your description of your problem is difficult to picture. Taking some photos of what you are working on might help obtain better feedback from the MX6 community. I have even used garden hose at the ends of aftermarket springs as a cushion to prevent the spring from rattling around over bumps.
I think you are going to die pretty soon if you keep trying to fix car suspensions with foam and garden hose.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I don't see why adjustable coilovers would give you more ground clearance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've seen that probe addiction made one - but they sold them ... there must be smth - smth to start with ...

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
I don't see why adjustable coilovers would give you more ground clearance.
They would give more clearance if you could adjust them to sit higher than stock.

Also, I think Ninja's advice has been spot on so far. I don't remember seeing any foam being part of the front suspension except for the bump stops...and I don't think foam would hold up for long with the spring sitting on it. But I've only been here for less time than you, so you're probably right.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I don't thik that foam will hold my car up on Latvias crappy roads ... maybe I can put in longer shock obsorbers and higher springs?

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
Higher shock absorbers probably won't be necessary, but longer springs would do the trick.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
No idea...I don't think it's something that I've ever seen. Maybe k-sports can be adjusted above stock height??

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes - I was laying my eyes on k-sports, but my father says that there must be a longer springs that will fit with a little bit of modification ...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts