Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
stuttering

need some help please. my car stutters when i slam on the gas to get some extra ponies. this is when at any accelerating speed. its fine as long as i ease the pedal to the floor. what could be the problem. im fresh out of clues? car has new plugs and wires, swapped out MAF's with a friend to see if it was the problem, fuel system is treated with redline injector cleaner.:confused: dont know what else to do please help urgent....there are no codes in the computer as well

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have you replaced the distributor cap yet? Or checked the distributor and coil? Just a thought...

:eek:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hey so is yours an auto or manual tranny? Cuz if its auto, it could be the tranny. Also check your dist. rotor, replace it maybe. Replace your fuel filter, PCV valve... Maybe have your fuel pump checked... Have your cat and muffler checked... Do you have a custom air intake? How bad does it stutter, can you feel it all the time? Can your passengers feel it? Does this happen when you floor it pretty much? Have you asked a mechanic?

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
38 Posts
exactly

i have the saaaammmmmeeee problem, if ya floor it, it feels like the car goes... CAACHUNG! and slams forward and then backward, pretty noticeable....mine is a manual, and nothing done to the engine, its all stock

·
Registered
294 Posts
Does that happen in any gear? And at what RPM's? Mine used to do that too a little and I have a manual V6 too and i replaced the rotor and dist cap and of course wires and plugs and doenst seem to do it anymore...

:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
hmmmm

if your asking about the smell....

i was only going from 1st to 2nd, and running in second at about 4k, just because it was stop and go the whole way home, and shifting to 3rd then back to 2nd and then 3rd would have been a pain so i ran it a little higher then i usually do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts