Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do i start on taking my dash apart so i can change the bulb color of my gauges; how do i completly take out the black face trim out of the dash? I hate how everything in my car is held together by plastic tabs and taking things apart is like a brain puzzle. Oh, and how do i take the windsheild defroster vents out without breaking the fragile plastic, it cracks and breaks when i try to pry the damn things out. Same with the power lock trim how do i get that out?

·
Registered
41 Posts
well... to start to take the gauges out for me atleast was the 10th level of hell... and i never did get the face off... the heater vents by the front window i believe come off uder the dash (screwed in) just got done painting my dah and i just painted right over the top.. ive found that some things on our cars just dont come out... without an act of god its impossiable... hope this helps... do u have a switch for you power locks??? may be able to help.. but need to know first

·
Registered
20 Posts
don't do it

I thought the same thing and it's not worth it unless you are putting in dye electric guage faces then you aren't going to really change the color of the guages. I put in hyperwhite bulbs and it just made it brighter from the front.
do what you will but I warn you.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Gauges

to start removing then dash for the gauges, you need to pop off a little panel on the far right (in the middle two vents). it is the panel with the fresh air of fan lever. there will be a little screw under there. needless to say i broke that one off. as far as screws i believe that is it, the rest is clips. they are fairly durable as well. i usually take the vent near the drivers side out to get some leverage. once you get all that it will be pretty self explanatory from there. to get the gauge cluster out you need to un-screw the speedo cable from the tranny. then you can pull her right out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts