Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my leather drivers seat is stuck, its done it before, and when i got under it to look at it i just touched it and it worked again. I got under it now and looked at it, and i cant figure out what the problem is, has anybody else had this problem? I dont mind it much, because it is set to where i drive, but when someone else in in the back seat, or someone else drives it it bugs me because i have to tell them that something on my car is broken when they go to move it up.
93 LS
thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had the same problem, especially when I backed the seat up too far. I haven't really looked underneath the seat to find out exactly what causes this. But I believe that the wiring and/or harness that supplies power to the driver's power seat gets disconnected. I used to just shake the wires underneath until the power comes back on. Take a look and see if you find a wiring harness half connected. Re-conecting it should do the trick.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
hmmmm.....

i had a scare with my power windows. all of a sudden, they wouldnt go up. looked at the fuse, wasnt blown. thought maybe the switch burned out. talked to a bro of mine and he told me to turn the car off, then turn it back on and then try to roll them up. enuff said. windows rolled up. there is a breaker that turns off the power to the windows if it feels as if the motors or switch is going to burn out. maybe the same scenario happens with the power seats. hope i sound retarded.

SolarSlash

·
Registered
22 Posts
The other thing I used to do when the seat jammed was to sit in the seat and push back and forth with my legs to try to get it moving while pushing on the control. Maybe that will "un-jam" the motor. If you can get the seat/lower lumbar area to go up and down to adjust then you've got power and the motor is probably jammed for forward and backward adjustment. Good luck! I haven't had this problem in a long time (knock on wood)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts