Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it just me? or does the car have to be moving before the hot air kicks in?

(damn cold in toronto these days)

I find, that temp guage shows me that my engine gets nice and warm, after about three minutes of running. However, I dont get any DAMN hot air for at least another 20 minutes!!!!

Could something be wrong with it? or is this normal for this car?

also, how does the heater system work for our cars?

p.s. please forgive my ignorance to car mechanics. Any computer questions feel free to ask me(my area of expertise)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I already wondered about this one for a long time. First I thought it was the thermostat, then I thought the waterpump wasn't pumping enough pressure. But after replacing both nothing changed and it still takes me about 10minutes before I get any hot air comming out of the heater in the winter.

I think that the reason for that is because our motors hold alot of water. It just takes alot of time to get all of this water warmed up.

If someone has the manual for heating/cooling I would appreciate if you could look this up (this stuff is not included in the regular dealer manual)

This is realy pissing me off too especialy because I have leather interior.
Solution - I'm getting a remote-starter soon :cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
You know what else pisses me off. My heater is always sucking snow into the car and blowing it all over the place. Makes for a nice rude awakening 1st thing in the morning. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this I'm open for ideas.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DoH

Its such a pain too, in the sense of when I want to smoke a fat joint in my car afterwork before the long ass drive home, I have to freeze my ass off. Thus resulting in less pleasure during the aformentioned activity.
I dont like to drive and smoke, i like to get high before I drive, not during. Am I right?
Anyone else suffer from this ??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Dude, Where's My Car??

Ya...my car takes forever to warm up. I usually go and start it...and turn the heat full...and put it on Re-Circulating Air. (heat up much quicker..) that way...after 5 minutes, i get in and its nice and toasty...however, you have to switch the air flow to FRESH AIR....or else it fogs up. And i notice when i do that...the air goes from HOT, to semi hot. (that sucks! However, when it's -36 outside, it's not too bad!)
And about smoking a FATTY in my car. I would love to however, it's not good for the interior my man! Not only do the windows get all gummied up but, you find that everything starts stickin! ( all buttons, etc...). My good friend Jeremy used to have a 86 VW Golf, and i swear, the windows looked like they had been tinted with black glue, and everything inside stuck! We smoked SOO much in that car! Anyway, just thought i'd warn ya! ( god, it can be fun to smoke up and drive though! )

Little Bastard,

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
smoke

Ya see, I smoke cigarettes too, but damned if I would ever smoke one in my car. I prefer the wonderful scent of da erbs, before I would want the nasty stank of a cigarette in my car. I generally dont smoke weed in my car often. But its so damn cold outside now, i dunno what else to do! DoH!

I totally appreciate the warning though, thanks man..

any other fatty lovers out there who loves there 6s?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I digress

for all yall smart car peoples out there (you know who you are) is there something that can be done about the heater to make it better?? replacing the coil or something??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts