Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted before about suspension noises and i think it might be from the struts..

Given that i have nothing to compare to, how can i tell if my struts are bad and the "adjustableness" is working or not.. the car still rides nive, be i really don't feel much of a differance when i change the setting... should I?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If a strut is bad, sometimes you see the goo inside leaking out down the side of it. Also, if you push down on the car, above the strut, and your car just keeps bouncing, your strut is bad. If it bounces 1, maybe 2 times, your OK. And it should be stiff and not to easy to push down on.

I have tokico Illuminas and I can't tell the difference between 1 and 5. :shrug: So I just keep them on 4 or 5.

-Chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yep. With the car either on or with the key in the "on" position so power is given to the struts, there is a noticable difference between settings. With the car not on but the key in the "on" position, the dash lights dim when I switch between settings due to the load the strut motors draw.

Sit there, switch settings and try rocking the car side to side. You should notice a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts