Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install my new system this weekend and I heard somewhere that I should run my power wire on the other side of my car away from the rca's. Is this correct? Also I was wondering where a good spot is to run 4 gauge wire from my battery into the car?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Based on my UK right hand drive car.

Battery on the right hand side of engine bay when view from in front of the car.

Just behind and little down is a openning with a big rubber washer and there are already wires running through. This might well be back to front on non UK cars but the same still applies.

Feed your 4AWG through, it should come out on the other side about 12" from the floor.

Once all carpet and trim is lifted, this can be run straight to the back.

Fuse both ends of this cable. FUSE IT OR CIRCUIT BREAKER IT but don't cheat.

RCA should be run down the middle or the opposite side of the car.

If the path of a RCA and power or speaker cable must cross, they should be at right angles to each other.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean when you say fuse both ends? I have an 80amp fuse that goes by the battery and then there is another 80amp fuse on the amp. Is that ok?

·
Registered
164 Posts
NO THAT IS NOT OKAY.

The 80amp fuse on the battery is just fine.. but you should have one at the other end also.

The fuse on the amp is there for a totally different reason, it is there to protect your amp not your car.

Think about it, what if your cable gets broken at the amp end, what about the cable in between from there to the battery..

It is not over kill it is just safety..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I will fuse another one in right before the amp. Is there anything else I should know about before I do this.

·
Registered
609 Posts
What about running the wires into the trunk? Do you have to take out the seats and if so how do you? Does the trim just pry off?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The piece will come off but you have to pull the side of the seat (the part you sit on) towards you and there should be a little plastic screw there just pull it towards you and then just carefully pop the rest off.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you pop the plastic door silts off, the carpet will be revealed and you will then beable to feed the wire in a passage way all the way to the drunk.

G

·
0 Posts
wu you do not need to run a 2nd fuse right before the amo. if you did the install right you will never have problems. also if you use another fuse you put more strain on your alternator. a good suggestion would be to get a capacitor which is a backup battery. it stores power so your amp gets what it needs. for the wiring run the pos wire on the driver side. leave the ground in the trunk and run the remote/lead on wire on the passenger side along with the rca's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts