Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions for yall, and i hope you can help me out on this... I am lookin to buy a couple of new 12's as my rockfords just kicked the can. But the problem is that im poor... well, im jsut on about a $400 budget. Now my question is what is the best sub for the price. I will be pushing them with a HiFonics 200w (el cheapo) for now. My friend has a couple of JL W0's pushed with a Rockford 150w they pound, but im lookin for a clear, crisp pound, not just thump. Another friend of mine mentioned Image Dynamics, i have never heard of this sub before, and am curious. I am completely open-minded. My box that i had in my Hyundai won't fit in the trunk, so it is sitting in the back seat (which keeps me from haulin [email protected]$$es around) but im lookin for a box that fits, or to build my own. Any info would be great

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you heard the KICKER L7? Its a square solobaric speaker. I also have a 93 LS and i put 2 12in L7's in and it is amazing.1 L7 will do it. You can get a 10in or a 12in and have plenty of cash left for a box.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I agree about the S12L7's but they are not so cheap like the W0's... My cost on the S12L7's is $165 ea (DEALER COST). Had put 2 12" Image Dynamics (cheaper series) under a fosgate amp and they lasted about a week... I tried telling the guy to go w/2 10's but.... (was a tight box under the rear dakota seat)... Personally, I like Crossfire. They're very reasonably priced and they sound great if in the right enclosure. The DB series are good and the BMF series are better. You might also check out SoundStream's Rubicon subs. Had 2 rubicon 10's in a vented 1.5cuft box and posted a 132db in my extended cab truck, at an spl comp crisp and clear too. I also like the Kicker comp's. Any of these I can get. Go listen to some and find the right one. With a cheap amp you will also get cheap sound... a sub is only half the solution... the amp the other... L8R

·
Registered
148 Posts
Also forgot to metion that I no longer have that truck... thank GOD... but now have a '93 black LS :) Gonna load 4 to 5 10's in the trunk... all that wonderful space! If you need help making a box, try downloading, if still available, BlauBox from blaupunkt's website. It'll help with volumes and vented enclosures, band pass as well. I have BassBox Pro and it serves me well... it's not leap but I don't have a grand to spend on a program either... Gudluk

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
INFINITY KAPPA PERFECT 10IN SUB, ROCK!!!!!!! they r the best thing ever i have one in my truck with a 400 watt amp turned up 1/4 of the way and then i have infinity kappa componet set 6.5 in all the stock holes, the sub hits like 2 12 or better, i am telling u if u have the money then get it i got mine at cost haha i love friends with power

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As far as the box...

If your wanting a box try something like Virtual Technology. They give you an automatic 5-10 dB boost on your subs. They are not made out of MDF board and not out of plastic but a weird mixer. But they kick ass!

Rice_eater

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have 2 JL 12' W6's and they pound like crazy!!!!!!!! however i don't know the price of them because they came with the car. but i know that the W6 series is one of the best JL 12" subs made. just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts