Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, its that time of year again, i bought subs over the summer and ive heard alot of people take them out in winter because they believe they will be damaged from pounding in the cold weather, should i be worried about this?? will it wreck the sub or should it be all right as long as i keep the bass down??

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
If they have a really stiff poly cone (like the old school Pioneers) and it gets REALLY cold (sub zero for an extended period of time) then it's possible, if you turn it on cold and turn it way up all the sudden. If they are played at low level for a bit, and brought up gradually, they should be fine.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are a couple year old Pheonix gold 12's, i have been taking it easy on them for the first while like you said.. i thought that should be enough

·
Registered
305 Posts
I play my cerwin's in the winter and have never had a problem to date. And yup, its a good a idea to leave the system at low volume until it warms up a bit in the car during the cold weather.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ya I have my JL's out but that is for different reasons. but you will not have a problem if you just let the car warm up before you turn them on.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Yeah, Just keep the subs on the low down for a while...then disturb people :E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts