Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently i have two 12" type-r i want to get a better box for them. is there a site or somewhere where i can find diagrams of boxes i can use and then build it according to those or how do i calculate the proper dimensions for the ported box or even if possible a dual tri-tune box.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
A dual tri-tune box is a term I've never heard. Perhaps you mean a bandpass?

If so, those are best left to the pros. They have to be dead on accurate or it'll sound like a pissed off bull.

It's easy to calculate a box.

Multiply the internal dimensions by each other then divided by 1728, and that will tell you cubic feet.

Example; 12" x 12" x 36" = 5184 cubic inches
5184 / 1728 = 3 cubic feet.

If you have an angle on the front (which a lot of boxes do), you'll need to add the top and bottom length, then divide by two.

Side view
Top - 10"
__
__\

Bottom - 14"

10 + 14 = 24"
24 / 2 = 12"

Then you can do the math as if it were a perfect cube using 12" as the depth

If you have two subs in the box, that's ~1.5 cu. ft. per woofer.

It's up to you if you want to divide the box for each woofer or not. Personally, I like the sound better if they're divided, but that's just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
There's a sticky for this!!

What kinda box are they in now?

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
That comment was directed to the thread starter, not you! ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh this is a even more pointless thread that my system got stolen. Everything (two amps, subs, box, caps) but not the deck.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Dude - that sucks. :sigh:

Thieves are like, the lowest form of life known to man. :mad:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to the restaurant manager and this happens frequently. I WILL find out who did this and get revenge. On a side note the amp i have is competition style and not sold in Canada. If I ever see it in a competition or on the black market I know it's serial and will eventually track it down to the first guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts