Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Scooby how about putting clickable links in the e-mails you send when a reply to a post has been made. It gets annoying after awhile of cutting and pasting, cutting and pasting. It would be so much easier if there was just a clickable link. I know its probably a pain in the ass to do with aol mail but would make life a little easier...

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
allworldkj said:
Hey Scooby how about putting clickable links in the e-mails you send when a reply to a post has been made. It gets annoying after awhile of cutting and pasting, cutting and pasting. It would be so much easier if there was just a clickable link. I know its probably a pain in the ass to do with aol mail but would make life a little easier...
That is a legitimate issue with AOL users. AOL email does not make URLs links like most other email client. We have to include actual HTML for that to work. I was told that this was implemented in the new version of our bulletin board software which will be released this month. If it is not in it then I will modify the new system to include an AOL compatible link so you dont have to cut and paste.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dude first off sweet ass job you guys are doing. The help that I've been able to get and the suggestions people have given me have really made a difference in the direction I've taken my car and it's helped me a great deal in achieving the goals I have set for my car.

One quick suggestion. If you were able to put a part specific link page that would be great. ie. Headings such as "Interior" "Body" "Suspension" "Engine".... and under each of these have the pages or a list of co's that have things for the MX-6. I'm sure with the help of the members we'd be able to create an extensive data base of shops across North America and Internationally.

Anyways you guys are providing a great environment for us. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Thats a great idea.
We have been working on a conceptual model for some time. We are about to ungrade the bulletin board software so look for lots of other modifications to the site shortly after that.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
SCOOBY....

is the new software going to involve downloading something, or is it just going to be new someday when i pull the site up??

oh...and by the way...thanx for cooperating on my intro idea. i appreciate it and it just kinda feels good to have a suggestion put to use. thnx again.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
NP, really we should be thanking Streezz, he took your idea and ran with it.
Thanks Streezz!

The new software doesnt require you to download anything, once it is installed and you open MX6.com the new site will load instead of the old.

And thank you for the suggestion. Thats how we make the site better.

·
Registered
173 Posts
coolness, yes i have thanked streez...i just thought i would thank you too for actually taking the time to consider and actually spending the time to put it on the site.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When should we be expecting this new site to be up? I can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Updated Bulletn Board

We are curently testing the new version of the software. Unfotunately we are finding lots of bugs so it may be a while.
The good news is that I am already working on the additonal mods to the site (with the help of sedster) on the test board so once we get the final version of the software many of the new mods will be ready.

Here are some more features I didnt list in my othe post:
- User created polls in posts
- User defined styles (that means that if you guys dont like our colors you can change them for yourself)
- Post attachments (you can upload a pic that will show up in your post, no need to host elswhere anymore) I have to point out though that this may become a problem for our badwidth so we may have to disable this or put serious limitations on filesize..
- The Thread icon to the left of each thread will have a dot in it to indicate that you participated in that thread
thats a few more..there are even more features than that..
We are currently working on an integrated chat room tht allows you to see who in in the room before you go in to it.
I am also working on a new menuing system and will begin work on an graphical interactive modification database..Ill post more on this latest on later..
But one tidbit on this one (its gonna be FAT!) I have a professional 3D modeller creating models of the 1st and 2nd Gen cars inside and out! Ill post more on this later.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dude!! that sounds sweet!!! I can't wait to see that! You guys are doing a hell of a gob on this stuff! I think that data base will be a big help and the 3D modeling will add a nice graphical touch to things. The current setup seems to be doing well I can only imagine what the new one will bring! Nicely done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.