Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm lookin for a pretty :rolleyes: hard hitting setup so i was wondering about what you guys and gals think about this...any suggestions would be helpful. Please think about my budget @-

Alright first off the amp:

Either the:
Sony XM1004gx ([email protected] Ohms) $221.54
Sony XM1805gx (130W x4 + 360W @2Ohms):confused: TOO MANY #s $261.74

Subs:
Pioneer VCCS Pro 12"SVC $96.60 x2

The deck i have is the JVC KD-sh55
I plan to run the components off of the 50x4 setup by the deck

If anybody wonders I'm getting this stuff from competitionsound.com, theyve proven decent in the past

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just got a 12'' Jl w3 with the Pheionx Gold XS2500 Amp and it's smooth and loud as uhh eee ummm it's loud it only cost me $465
new off the internet. (hint u will usalay get stuff cheaper off the net by 100 bucks or more if you don't mind waitin)

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

Any more suggestions about my setup?Also just a little off topic: For ppl who are interested, competitionsound.com takes forever in shipping so if you don't mind waiting for dirt cheap priced audio and no warranty go for it but if you want your tunes rite awy go somewhere elsemy .02

Hey what about the Sony 754sx model its rated [email protected] and 2 sony xplod 12" 200 to 600 watts max?

·
Registered
99 Posts
mine for $400

I got mine a while ago. Phoenix gold 8" 240 watt and a 400 watt koiler crossver, 200 to woofer and 100 to each front speaker. It hits hard as heck

·
Registered
321 Posts
I would suggest that you get the 4 channel amp you mentioned and run your fronts and subs off that because I think if you don't put more power to your fronts your subs will overpower your system and there will be no balance. Are those the sony subs with the red heat sink in the middle? })

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
OK, heres my 2 pennies slammed on the table,

i make a living in the A/V world, I build car stereos, and mostly $60,000 dollar home theaters!!

get rid of the SONY XPLOD products, as you can obviously note, they are created, geared, and marketed for the 16 year high school kid... any company that focus that much attention to silly ads and has a line called XPLOD should tell you someting, just because its SONY doesnt mean that it good,

you should look at more sutible quality brand like Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, JL-audio

pay attention as to what subs you have and there impedence, because that can inverlsy effect what amplifier you can have!!

and i really dont suggest buying on-line (except for crutchfeild), because you get no warranty, while you may be ok with not having a warranty, Who's to say that it will even work the second you get it... As well as the products that most on-line whole sellers get is B-Stock, refurbished product that has broken already anyway!!!

The most important tip that i can give you is dont let price guide you around like it's all that matters, one good example that i use on my customers is, if you were looking for a brain surgeon, Would you just open the yellow pages, call for prices and chose the cheapest one???? , I would guess not hopefully, and ask thousands of questions if you have to in order to fell comfortable...the guy how charges a lil' more is usually the professional and has the way better reputation, and i can tell you this you will be happier paying an extra 5% in the end!!!

-Scuba-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts