Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. My sunroof is slowing up and some cases requiring my hand to assist its motion. The motor seems fine, its like it needs lube. What should I do/use?

2. I took a bad driveway and the bar under my radiator (?) is somewhat coming off:( What should I do for that? Is it screws or something?

Thanks for all help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For the moonroof try some "white" grease. Thought you meant the sturt bar but your refering to the front facit. See the post below.

G'Luck

·
Registered
806 Posts
93BurgandyBomber said:

2. I took a bad driveway and the bar under my radiator (?) is somewhat coming off:( What should I do for that? Is it screws or something?

Thanks for all help.
Is this the plastic lip under the bumper you're talking about? Mine came loose too. Upon review, it does need a bolt to hold it up if we are talking about the same thing. Its kind of a reach to get the bolt into the top, so I plan on running a string from the top to get the new bolt in the top. I think two of mine came out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is exactly what Im talking about. Excuse my ignorance but what is that thing for anyways? What size bolts do I need?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
im pretty sure your talking about the mud guard and it is held up by 2 screws on either side which have a washer and a nut to hold it up on the other side... mines fell recently and the screws still wouldnt hold it up so I improvised and used some twisty ties... it may be cheap but its effective... hope this helps.. peas

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm having sunroof problems as well..

when I close it the moment it starts touching the wind deflector it slows down terribly and needs my hand to move/close properly.. i've tried some lithium grease... but i'm not sure i lubed all the right spots.. any pointers?:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
you need to take it off by taking the inside panel out of its clips by lightly pulling on it.....i did it to mine and found out that there is a roller guide that it goes on that was split in half .....best thing to do is go to a junk yard and see if they have one...caus e the deale r will charge you for everything for the sunroof.....the guide thing is white in color about 1/2 inch wide plastic ....hope this solves your problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts