Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you know when you close your sunroof, the sunroof moves all the way to the front of the opening on the roof? well my sunroof seems to be off by a few millimeters and has caused the paint around the opening to chip. which, has some surface rust. now this is my question, is there a way to adjust the sunroof to where it doesnt chip the paint? when i get my car painted next summer i dont want to have this start all over again. thx.

solar

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
LMAO!!!! dont open it!!!!

you guys and your damn V6s... check the tracks and the thingies that raise it for wear. maybe needs a new lubrication?

G

·
Yea...........

I have the same problem, and its not THAT big of a deal cause my paint isnt the best anyway (93's factory). What helps is that I just push up on the sunroof when closing - to help it out a lil. But I'd love the problem fixed. Do you honestly think it is just a lubrication problem? Cause......if it is, thats not so bad, but I talked to someone about it, and they said that it might be more serious than that.. ANY help would be appreciated, thanx again.....

-N8 dawg

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
i really dont know... id have to look at it. it could be lubrication or possibly the thing that lifts/raises the roof is worn out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts