Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much a new motor for the sunroof costs? Mine moves pretty slow. Also is it something I can do myself of definately a dealer install?

Thanks Guys,

Chris JEnkins
"coolmx6

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
my sun roof acts kinda funny some times cause if i dont close it all the way and leavce it just a little bit open it wil not open all the way back can some one tlel me what is wrong

·
Registered
488 Posts
Use some dry lithium grease on the tracks. That should free the sunroof up a bit. if you do have to replace the motor it's not hard to do, you'll have to drop the headliner out of the car but after that it's only 2 or 3 bolts that hold the motor in place.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If your sunroof is slower than it used to be try greasing it with lithium grease. It worked great for mine. Also I think our sunroofs are slower than most anyway. At least mine and both of my friends seem to be.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Coolmx6 can you tell me what you did about your sunroof as mine has slowed right down and yesterday i had to help it closed. Also if you changed moters did you do it your self, Thanks Speed Demon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speed Demon said:
Hey Coolmx6 can you tell me what you did about your sunroof as mine has slowed right down and yesterday i had to help it closed. Also if you changed moters did you do it your self, Thanks Speed Demon

Well I have been busy so I havn't done anything yet. I am going to try the grease first. I have always had to help mine.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
should have just made a new thread, this one is ancient :p

does the sunroof move if you give it a little help? most of the time, it's the rails that are getting all gummed up, or in my case, bent. It was making the motor work too hard. I had to replace my rails. The motor was actually just fine. what symptoms are you getting? does the motor sound like it's trying to move it and it's just stuck?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts