Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
this question has been asked a few times.. and since you are new to the site i wont flame you. most members will simply tell you to use to search button.

but to answer you question: only a very small handful of 2nd gen mx6s came with a glass sunroof. this option was very very rare for our cars and it only was offered at a select few dealerships. i believe one member was trying one time to get a company to manufacture some lexan replacements for our moonroof but i think that endeavour fell through.im not too sure on whether the 91 626 sunroof would fit but anyone with a little imagination and a tape measure can find out..

i used to have a picture of it but for some reason its gone now.. but look around on here.. this site is a good place to find info on almost anything to do with our cars.. dont be afraid to use the "search" button :tup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hello
I believe neptune_51 is mistaken that there was a handfull of 2nd gen MX-6s with a moonroof i.e glass. Furthermore 2nd gen PGT, just as MX-6 had a sunroof i.e metal panel as an option. The only exception was for 2nd gen 626s that were factory equipped with a moonroof. neptune_51 may have seen, just as i have on PGT and MX-6, a moonroof on a MX-6, however, that in fact wasn't a factory option but an aftermarket upgrade to a MX-6 that didn't come with a sunroof option.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
ummm.....moonroofs are the metal panels roofs and the sunroof has the glass. and didnt you just repeat what i said? i meant that even aftermarket there is no replacement for our moonroofs other than something completely custom made. And the few mx6s (and maybe probes) that got the sunroof was from one or two dealerships. Not something common. And isnt the moonroof like a standard option for 2nd gen probes/mx6s? someone correct me if I'm wrong but Im pretty sure that is correct.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
neptune_51 said:
ummm.....moonroofs are the metal panels roofs and the sunroof has the glass.
sun·roof ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s
Image uploading. Refresh page to view
n
r
f
, -r
f
)
n.
A roof on a motor vehicle, such as an automobile, having a panel that can be slid back or raised.

Main Entry: moonroof
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: a permanent window on the roof of a vehicle

·
Registered
947 Posts
There was a Green 6 i seen at darknight nationals in Markem this past summer that had a working glass sunroof and i know he posts on here cause he had mx6.com stickers i just don't know his name, but hopfully he will see this and add his 2cents in on how he it did it for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts