Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be an extremely stupid question but here it goes....
would it be possible to use a supercharger off a millenia
for a 93 2.0 mx6?
any info would be helpful
thanks,

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
It's theoretically possible, but it's not less work than any other major cross-breeding operation. What I mean is, you could adapt any blower from a GMC 6-71 to a Novi to the engine with all fabricated mounts, ducting, drive assembly etc.

That blower came mounted on the 2.3L V6 which is a close cousin to the KL03 in the V6 MX6. If you had a V6, it'd be an easier swap since all the parts you'd need are in existence already, though you'd would have to punch a hole in the hood to get it to fit and modify the passenger side engine mount. But with the 4-banger, there's no mounting, drive or ducting hardware around to do it since the factory never equipped the 4-cyl with the blower; it would all have to be fabricated. So, sure, I'll venture it can be done but it'd be expensive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Check out Thomas Knight Turbos he was working on a prototype SC for the 2.0 last I e-mailed him. Search the pic post I posted something about about 1 month ago.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
does that kit mean you have to assemble the blower yourself? i bet jackson racing would do sumthin custom for around $5-6 grand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts