Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheres a good place to get super low springs for the MX6??

I want some heavy duty super low springs for my ride, im interested in a place which will do them at a decent price, including supply and fit.

By the way I dont want someone who is going to take a few days to get the springs or make them, and then take a day or so to fit them...Im sick of these fly by night mechanics who take their time to do a simple job which takes less than a few hours to do.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
If Ric were here he’d say Pedders in hawthorn …At least I think he would .. ;)

G

·
try k-mac springs in rockdale. they lowered my MX-6 2.25inch at the front 2.5inch at the rear. cost me bout $450. they did a good job.

ill post pics as soon as i put them on the net.

G

·
Hey guys, I've got Pedders Sports Ryders on my PGT. Unsure if there compatible with an MX6's requirements but would not be surprised. Although the sway bars are just a little different I understand ;). Cost about $500 installed and they bring the car down nicely. Firm up the ride about 10% as well. My girlfriend hates it, which could be a good thing I guess.......

Cheers,
matt

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've been happy with my King springs, but dunno about Melbourne outlets. I only went 26mm all round.

Pete (silver) went with K. Mac

Peddars do the better sway bar job. K Mac swaybars and service sux

4WSB

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I called SUSPENSION CITY up today and they said they will do all springs (front and rear) for $380....They said they will fit King Springs all-round.

Are the King Springs any good for the MX6??

I was also told that the max height drop Suspension City will do for the MX6 is 1.5 inches....but hey they said the same about my Commodore a few years back...and guess what i talked them into a bigger drop.

Im going to give Peders a call tomorrow and see what they can do, does anyone have any suggestions on what spring would be a good choice??? I want a mega drop with no bounce/sag when i load the car up...need it as stiff as possible..

·
Registered
233 Posts
See above - I've been very happy with the King Springs.

Concensus is 26mm max for 4WS. However if 1.5" is OK so be it.

I think Peter (silvers) springs are actually just 20mm shorter than stock and his 18" rims (tyres) dissapear under the arches.
4WSB

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I forgot to mention, for the time being im keeping the stock wheels on the car, so 15" is my wheel size.

If i wasnt going overseas I would have definatly purchased a set of 17" or 18" wheels :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've got Kings Superlow for my TX5.. I don't have any complaints at all..

·
Registered
233 Posts
Silver said:
Actually mine is 1 3/4 inches lower.
Your springs aren't 1' and 3/4" lower tho are they.

You posted on aus car talk that the actual springs were only 20mm shorter than stock.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I think you got mixed up Steve.

Car is lowerd 1.75 inches, after the lowering the ride height of the car is 20mm lower than standard.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks Peter.
I knew I'd seen 20mm quoted by you around somewhere.
Wow, I didn't know they would reduce the springs that much
Ta for clearing that up.
4WSB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts