Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a root type supercharger, such as an Eaton, how do you control how much boost you are running?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
yeah i think its the same with all superchargers. someone correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure on this... i could check my turboing/supercharging book/manual but right now 3 feet away seems so far..

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
smaller pulley = faster turning s/c = more boost

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
It's just like gears on a bicycle.

Larger crank pulley (UDP to stock pulley for example) = more boost
Smaller SC pulley = more boost

·
Registered
30 Posts
Internials

If i were to put an eaton supercharger what internals would i have to do. Wolud i need to port and polish or dose all of that rely on my compression ratio? And would i need injectors, mangement system. If any one has done the job, i would appreciate any info on what i need. Thanx

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
white94pgt said:
the book supercharged by corky bell
i asked for "maximum boost" for xmas :D

seriously guys, i know what your going through, i used to askquestions and hope people would give me answers, but in reality, you have to learn. Use the search function and read, take out books etc.

If we answer all your questions, and it comes time for you to start tuning, you will still be lost, but if you do research first, then you can say you did it all by yourself :)

anyways fellas, good luck, i'd give you answers, but im in the midst of research myself.

Cltuch, megasquirt ;)... you can run low boost on KL motors reliably most people wouldn't risk running high boost. errr so much more, im gonna stop now

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
white94pgt said:
maximum boost is about turbos
yea i know lol
but still... i asked for a book so i can learn! :)

written by the same guy, correct?

·
Registered
283 Posts
www.howthingswork.com lol one of my favorite sites because to me if i understand how one thing works it clearifies what id need to make it perfect. also look on probetalk.com in the f/i area there are stickies with info on our motors and what upgrades are required and much much more info ... heres a link to the f/i section to probetalk.com http://forums.probetalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=101
-gl and happy boosting :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts