Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anbody have a superchip in their 1st. Gen. GT?? If so, can you feel the differences like they claim?? They claim like 182hp and 1.5 secs faster fro 0 to 60. Is it worth the money?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
**** superchips. Hell no it aint worth the $400 something dollars they charge. They dont even remove the fuel cut, they just move it up to 14psi. The way you want to go is to get a cheap boost controller, like a grainger valve (I paid $35 for mine), and either the EL prototypes chip from http://www.corksport.com ($260), or the Powerhouse Racing/ Jay B chip from [email protected] You'll make more power, it's cheaper and it's more flexible. All the superchips kit is, is a poorly programmed chip and a wastegate bleed, and they have the balls to charge that much for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At what RPM is the fuel cut off on the 1st. gen GT's? 14psi is up almost 7psi which should be good for 35-40 more hp which isn't bad for the $265 they have for a price. You can also get the boost controller with it too correct? When you upgrade the boost that much, don't you have to upgrade the fuel delivery system?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the superchip. I bought it in '98 and it wasn't nearly as expensive as it is now. I was very impressed with the performance. Also, my chip does not have the fuel cut, I'm running 17psi on an upgraded turbo with no fuel cut:) But anarchyx34 is right, there are many other much less expensive options out there. I bought the superchip before I had ever seen mx6.com or probetalk. If I has to do it over, I wouldn't buy the superchip, only because of the price. Mine works really well but they are a ripoff:(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wayman, do you have any other suggestions like anarchyx34 did to where I could get cheaper performance chips to do the same things??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those ones that anarchy mentioned are the only other ones that I know about. I think your best bet would be to get ahold of Jay B.

·
Registered
235 Posts
How would you install it can i do it my self? Cause I know for damn sure that I'm not going to send my cpu in.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Superchip copies

I have a chip burner and would be interested in "borrowing" someone's superchip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would be interested in a chip too if you are burning!

Hey! I would love to throw some cash at you for a mod-chip. They are too expensive to buy new, but I have a feeling they are protected??? Someone told me they disable a pin on them so you can't read the whole mapping of the chip. Let me know how you go please.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Ill try it if someone sends it

If someone is willing to send me their mx-6 1st gen superchip, I will TRY to copy it. Just as an "EXPERIMENT" of course, and NOT to try to break any laws. ;-)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Want to borrow a chip

So nobody out there has a chip I can borrow?

·
Registered
84 Posts
yo jake i have a superchip and that's my question which chip is better. My superchip worked good in my 88 mx6 and i crashed it so i transfer the engine in a 90 mx6 but the computer was different. And so i got the Zombie chip and it didn't pull the same as the 88 mx6. WHY?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Some the pins off the connector socket is broken off like 5 or so I will send picture of the chip today.

90 mx6 GT with a 88 motor, hks bov, greddy profecB 2, greddy turbo timer, grant steering wheel, black GT rims, cut ebiach springs, kyb strut, custom 2nd gen strut bar, custom 88 bottom lip, two custom pipe, carbon hood pins more are coming.

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
turboj said:
you'll have to speak louder if you want Jake to hear you -- he hasn't visited here for over 2½ years.

·
Registered
84 Posts
His lost ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anbody have a superchip in their 1st. Gen. GT?? If so, can you feel the differences like they claim?? They claim like 182hp and 1.5 secs faster fro 0 to 60. Is it worth the money?
when you get a chance e-mail me. [email protected]:wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts