Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already searched the site for past threads n i got information but are these injectors low or high impd? Will I have to wire in resistor and what OHMs? some threads said low some said high so im confused, i got them in my car right know n it runs fines. cars goes into boost but i didn't press the car fully in fear of it leanin out. and i dont want to overheat the injectors becuz of resistance, i need help from the VETERANS so plz respond, (jus a lil car info so it may help yall, stock chipped ECU, aeromotive FPR, 255pump, 60-1turbo 15psi, MSD 6AL, FMIC 2 1/2 pipin, more info available upon request lmao)

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I already searched the site for past threads n i got information but are these injectors low or high impd? Will I have to wire in resistor and what OHMs? some threads said low some said high so im confused, i got them in my car right know n it runs fines. cars goes into boost but i didn't press the car fully in fear of it leanin out. and i dont want to overheat the injectors becuz of resistance, i need help from the VETERANS so plz respond, (jus a lil car info so it may help yall, stock chipped ECU, aeromotive FPR, 255pump, 60-1turbo 15psi, MSD 6AL, FMIC 2 1/2 pipin, more info available upon request lmao)
They are low impedance, 10 ohm 10 watt from radio shack is what you can use. 1 for each injector, doesn't matter which wire.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Those 440's aren't going to be enough. I would check out the RX7 550's. They are saturated so no resistors needed.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those 440's aren't going to be enough. I would check out the RX7 550's. They are saturated so no resistors needed.
That was the first thing i tried i had my clips changed and tryed to put them but the intake mani port is too small, i put electrical connectors on the injector wires so i could change clips whenever tho, but would the 550cc be to much fuel n then not bein able to control it besides by fuel pressure??

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
That was the first thing i tried i had my clips changed and tryed to put them but the intake mani port is too small, i put electrical connectors on the injector wires so i could change clips whenever tho, but would the 550cc be to much fuel n then not bein able to control it besides by fuel pressure??
you can always go fuel control with MS. It's pretty simple really.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts

440s are perfect for you, 550 are too big to control with stock ecu, the way stock ecu control fuel is totally different from the way megasquirt or other aftermarket ecu control them. i can run 21psi on 460 injector at still be at 70% duty cycle on stock ecu. but with megaSquirt, you probably already max it out before 18psi on your turbo.

use a resistor as rebel2k4 said, and you will be fine. but here is the deal , even if you run lower base pressure , you will still need to control those injector on boost or else the car will breakup running mad rich. i was watch the local nepo guy run is 1stgen on dyno with 460cc inj, afpr and t3/t4 ebay turbo. at 15psi, he made 172whp and 190tq with 9.2-1 a/f .. thats because the afpr is a 1.1 unit and even though he lower the pressure at idle. the car will run and idle great till he gets in boost and rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccchhhhhhh

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
440s are perfect for you, 550 are too big to control with stock ecu, the way stock ecu control fuel is totally different from the way megasquirt or other aftermarket ecu control them. i can run 21psi on 460 injector at still be at 70% duty cycle on stock ecu. but with megaSquirt, you probably already max it out before 18psi on your turbo.

use a resistor as rebel2k4 said, and you will be fine. but here is the deal , even if you run lower base pressure , you will still need to control those injector on boost or else the car will breakup running mad rich. i was watch the local nepo guy run is 1stgen on dyno with 460cc inj, afpr and t3/t4 ebay turbo. at 15psi, he made 172whp and 190tq with 9.2-1 a/f .. thats because the afpr is a 1.1 unit and even though he lower the pressure at idle. the car will run and idle great till he gets in boost and rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccchhhhhhh
That dyno pull is sad. I made 152/216 on a Mustang Dyno on stock everything at 10psi.

Does your GCC offer any readout or datalog to let you know your duty cycle? Also, at 18psi on my turbo, I'm at 75% DC. When I pin the MAP sensor at 21.8psi, it freaks out and hits 90% DC.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Easy fix............More boost! Lean that farker out! hahahaha
not neccessary, not if you running too rich preturbo. not only will it slow the turbo spool up but it will be a bad powerband with slow car. yes it might eventually lean the top end out but

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
That dyno pull is sad. I made 152/216 on a Mustang Dyno on stock everything at 10psi.

Does your GCC offer any readout or datalog to let you know your duty cycle? Also, at 18psi on my turbo, I'm at 75% DC. When I pin the MAP sensor at 21.8psi, it freaks out and hits 90% DC.
my s afr does

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my fuel pressure regulator also has A 1:1 RATIO. i probably take the vacuum hose off n have a set pressure. i gotta put the resistors and the wideband in and mess around with it. i wanna go with a full standalone like a haltech but when i get more time i'll get it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, i got another problem, i put tmy AEM wideband in and it stays at 14.7-14.9 at idle and boost, the gauge and 02 sensor is good for a fact. do u have to keep the stock sensor or would it work without it. i turned fuel pressure up n u feel the difference in the car but it doesn't go rich at ALL. Could the VETERANS plz help me.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Did you calibrate it correctly? Are you using the wideband controllers log software to view your AFR's?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^ itz the AEM Uego gauge, do u have to calibrate???? i dont think so... we put it in another car n it worked fine with no calibration

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Hmm...I have an Innovative LC1 that I'm currently using. Had to calibrate and all that jazz. I would go through your instructions again to verify.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i checked all it say is basically hook everything up n it calibrate itself, im lost maybe i'll hook the stock o2 back up n see

1 - 20 of 37 Posts