Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys. Some of you have modified your cars with supra rear lights. I love them too. But u know, I´m having this crazy vision about Supra headlights on MX-6. That really would be something. I am gonna do something for lights because my standard lights are just a piece of crap. It´s getting darker and darker in here at nights and I can´t see a thing... Dunno if I´ll go for Supra lights but... Does anyone have an idea of the cost of the Supra headlights???

-mici-

G

·
go down to your local toyota dealer and ask them how much the stock supra headlights cost. i'm not sure how that would look on an mx-6 though..

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
My friend called toyota about supra headlights for his car, they told him something like 600 for the right one and 800 for the left...

bj

·
Registered
830 Posts
I don't think the Supra headlight will fit, it's much bigger and longer than our stock light. And the hood line, the fender and the bumper will all have to be modified. You see it on civic because the '99s headlight look like the Supra's. It's still do-able, but will take lots of effort, try to use some that's is similar in style(eg. '99 Silvia headlight from Japan)

And if you are look for the Supra lights, try to look for it at the junk yard, much cheaper. Dealer cost too much, or have a bodyshop(where the work is done) to get it for you, sometime they will get discounts 20~50% depending from dealerships.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The simplest thing you could do is get Euro-spec or J-spec MX-6 headlights. They're projector lights and both look very nice. The Japanese lights look better, but are harder to install. For the Japanese ones you have to relocate the turn signal or parking light because the J-spec lights only take a single-filament bulb.

G

·
if you want to do something different, get millenia headlights on there. It's smaller and sleeker and i think it would look tight. You'd have to do some bodywork but if you want to go the custom route then that would be cool.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Errr....

Sorry, is Millenia same car as I know as 626??? The only Mazdas the import here are 323, 626 and MX-5 and that MPV and Demio... But if that is 626 what you have on mind... Yes, I've been thinking it too. Maybe new front bumber too and it looks pretty much like RX-8 or what that was. You know that car that is in the pic post section named as new MX-6. ;) Wouldn't that be sweet or what ???

Mici

1 - 8 of 8 Posts