Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all well it is finally done my supra frount mount is on the car and well i cant suggest it anymore.
Or intercoolers are a let down in our car and even with this intercooler not another brand spanking new custom job the car is unreal.

The car revs hapier and pull all the way to redline its just unreal i also upgraded our stock intercooler pipes to 2 inch mandrel bent items and im sure this added to the performance.

Ill take some pics tommroow as its dark outside now and ill have a link for you all to see it.

Robbo
:p

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Sounds good... remember I want the next one you get a hold of.

Looks like I'm getting a FE DOHC, so I'm not spending anymore money on the F2T... just saving up over the next year or so, and building up a 300+hp engine.... hopefully closer to 400hp before I put it in.

What size are the inlets on that thing?

Tripharn

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Nice effort!
What I really begin to wonder is how much power these things could have made if they were done 'properly' from the factory.

Just things like intercooler, management, some of the piping. Surely with just some of the simple things we do they would have been insane out of the factory for the era. Thats not to mention if they made a factory FE3 with the turbo.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Top work Robbo!!

That looks like a really good fit. And the inlet and outlet are the same side aren't they so piping wasn't too hard?

Hmmm...that might have to go in the suggestion box for cost effective IC upgrade!

How's the bumper clearance and fit?

Pete

·
Registered
478 Posts
timtx5 said:
Nice effort!
What I really begin to wonder is how much power these things could have made if they were done 'properly' from the factory.

Just things like intercooler, management, some of the piping. Surely with just some of the simple things we do they would have been insane out of the factory for the era. Thats not to mention if they made a factory FE3 with the turbo.
Probably because they would have risked breaking gearboxes and diff's etc and didn't want to have to replace them all under warranty, nor have a bad name for building weak cars.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
While I would of loved to have seen a 250HP factory MX6, that wasn't the target market of Mazda.

The MX6 was PERFECT for where they aimed it. Executive sports luxury car.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yeah thats true, more like a highway cruiser than 'street racer'. Thats what I think when i consider when i compare it to a friends 4wd tx3 turbo, its a rocket around the streets, but lacks the torque and would be left for dead out on the highway.

Would have been nice to see a factory special 'hotter' model anyway :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments guys

Yeah the cooler was a real easy fit all up it cost me like with intercooler pipes (mandrel bends) about 350 with silicone and stuff.
Mind you i got the intercooler at a steal of a price from a mate.

The front bar will be going on this weekend so hopefully it wont involve to much choping we have set it up preety well that i should only lose minimal front bar but i will add pics of it finished for sure .

Robbo :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts