Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i need some help on this one... i would really like to install a set of fourth gen supra taillamps on my '95 mx6 LS..can anyone give me some advice on this topic?? How much would i be spending at a body shop for this particular custom install?? Whats the cheapest i can get the lights brand new? Is it worth doing this??
Also...would i have problems with water leaking into the trunk compartment?? PLease respond with some advice, i could really use some.
Thanks guys,
Peace
;)

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
for the water leak... check your weatherstriping...

different body shops charge different prices all the time... in order to get a quote, you would probably have to drive your car to given body shop. just for the install and fitting, mods on body panels, etc. would probably run you $150+ add paint and you have a taillight conversion!!!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
here we go again! :)

i've been wanting to do this too... here's the best thread from the past:
http://www.mx6.com/newmx6/board//showthread.php?threadid=304&referrerid=970
rogue04 comments on his prices and stuff.

i think the cheapest lights is from:
Jay Marks Toyota
11711 Gulf Freeway
Houston Tx 77034
713-943-7010
713-943-8930 Fax
The 97-98 retail for $105.88, your price is $79.41 each. Parts plus shipping. No sales tax outside of Texas. Please contact Jeff Watson @ 1-800-327-2087.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help guys, you people are great!!

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
We know:D

j/k... so did you fix the water leak?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Re: here we go again! :)

med_mx6 said:
The 97-98 retail for $105.88, your price is $79.41 each. Parts plus shipping. No sales tax outside of Texas. Please contact Jeff Watson @ 1-800-327-2087.
there was a little confusion from a thread referencing this thread... so just for clarification, the above price is for each headlight... so it's $160 per pair.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
still a killer price... does he have other taillights too?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts