Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy these already customized for the mx6. Anyone know from where or if you're willing to do it, let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i want REAL supra tails...not knockoffs dawg...ill pay someone 500-900 for a set (if i had to) before i bought the ones that a company manufactures})

·
Premium Member
7,196 Posts
I don't think it's the taillights themselves that are modified when people use actual supra tail lights. People have to do some custom work on the body to get them to fit. What's wrong with the ones the company is fabricating? I doubt anyone's really going to be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
471 Posts
if you want supra tails modified to fit your six zoom zoom's are as close as your gonna get. the other rought is modifying your car wich usually runs somewere around 1000$ give or take. you have to do cutting to the body. beat out some sheet metal because our cars holes arent deep enough, run wires mount them and then fiberglass the area so it dousnt look like ****. the main problem is that the supra tails dont curn in like ours.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmm damn ok i'll just spend some money buying the retail supra taillights and then see how i can make it fit... i think the way most are modified is the frame of the original mx6 lights is taken and then the lights and content from the supra taillights are just added and fitted into it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
SKarpenz said:
i want REAL supra tails...not knockoffs dawg...ill pay someone 500-900 for a set (if i had to) before i bought the ones that a company manufactures})

oh man dude you gonna spend more than 500-900 for real supra lights on your car... unless you do your own fiberglass work ... the lights are cheap well not super cheap but its the molding on the back end that needs help I think someone has paid over 1200 for this work... good luck "DAWG"
@-

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
i think the way most are modified is the frame of the original mx6 lights is taken and then the lights and content from the supra taillights are just added and fitted into it.
I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. I know my opinion is skewed here, but hear me out. You can't just rip the guts of a Supra's tails and make them fit into the stock MX6 housing. The Supra's tails are a little bit thinner than ours and don't curve at all. To take apart stock Supra tails and then somehow implant that stuff into the MX6 housing simply won't work. I've seen a dozen MX6s with the Supra tails from the actual Supra, and you can tell they haven't made a hybrid Supra/MX6 tail because the ones they have don't wrap around the rear at all. They're just flat. Our tails curve to fit the bumper. It's not an extreme curve, but it's a curve none the less. I'm sorry if I sound like a know-it-all or something like that, but when we started to develop the early stages of the tails, we did a lot of research as far as looking at what goes into converting regular tails to Supras, and it can't be done without considerable cutting of the rear bumper and fenders, and then re-filling them with fiberglass and so forth. But if you're dead set against buying our tails, I won't try and persuade you. That's not what I'm trying to do. All I'm trying to do is give you all the information I can. If you want to spend over a grand and cut everything up, that's your prerogative. But I would just consider the pros and cons first.
Crooks

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Zoom Zoom v6 said:
I'm sorry, but that's incorrect. I know my opinion is skewed here, but hear me out. You can't just rip the guts of a Supra's tails and make them fit into the stock MX6 housing. The Supra's tails are a little bit thinner than ours and don't curve at all. To take apart stock Supra tails and then somehow implant that stuff into the MX6 housing simply won't work. I've seen a dozen MX6s with the Supra tails from the actual Supra, and you can tell they haven't made a hybrid Supra/MX6 tail because the ones they have don't wrap around the rear at all. They're just flat. Our tails curve to fit the bumper. It's not an extreme curve, but it's a curve none the less. I'm sorry if I sound like a know-it-all or something like that, but when we started to develop the early stages of the tails, we did a lot of research as far as looking at what goes into converting regular tails to Supras, and it can't be done without considerable cutting of the rear bumper and fenders, and then re-filling them with fiberglass and so forth. But if you're dead set against buying our tails, I won't try and persuade you. That's not what I'm trying to do. All I'm trying to do is give you all the information I can. If you want to spend over a grand and cut everything up, that's your prerogative. But I would just consider the pros and cons first.
Crooks
THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TRUE

the lights are nowhere near the same dimensions. you will be cutting into the body, filling the gap in the rear fenders and cutting into the trunk. the supra lights are not just retrofitted to stock baskets,nor can they be.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
MrLister said:
hmm damn ok i'll just spend some money buying the retail supra taillights and then see how i can make it fit... i think the way most are modified is the frame of the original mx6 lights is taken and then the lights and content from the supra taillights are just added and fitted into it.
Guys, just let em go ahead and try.

So what if he's making assumptions he knows nothing of. So what if he will probably fail miserably, loose money on the Supra tails and have to find new tail lights for his Mx6.

Which I will guarantee he will than go and buy a set from "you know who" to make his Supra tail light conversion. Either way, he'll buy Supra tail lights manufactured by you guys, just that his way will cost like 10x as much on top of the cost of buying your tail lights.

It'd be funny. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.