Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've ordered my supra tails from toyota here in Montreal for about 200$ I just wanted to know if anyone has done this and if I should expect any major issues with the install. Otherwise I'll post pics and install info.

bj

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Mazda dealer's owner also owns a Toyota dealership, and I asked him about them and he said he'll get them for me no problem, and gave me a great price. I am going to post before/during/finished pics once i get the whole thing started. I am also going to change the spoiler at the same time because I think the stock spoiler will look odd with the supra tails. Will let you know as soon as things develop...awesome new site design btw, and the bb being here is really cool!

Brian H.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up the Supra tail lights this morning and they look SWEET!!! Now I just gotta find the time to give up the car for the work. I'll post b4 and after pics when it's done and I just wanted to post this because I'm really excited about how good the lights look!!!

bj

·
Registered
925 Posts
Can you also post some close up pictures of how much body work actually has to be done to make them fit... And how long it took them to do it...

Thanks

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem will get pics of how much work has to be done. Any suggestions as to a wing I should put to replace the stock one, without putting a full body kit on?

bj

·
Registered
830 Posts
One big problem on putting a new spoiler on is that you have to cover the original holes on the trunk. As for what kind of wing to put on... There are many touring style wings(some made with aluminium), and many other univeral styles. Go to Erebuni's site to see the pics.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I had to choose a spoiler off of erebuni's site I think I'd go with the GTR type spoiler, but again I am really not sure how it'd look with no body kit, as with any other wing.

bj

·
Registered
830 Posts
With out the body kit, some spoilers will look too crazy for stock MX6 [to be honest some are too much even with the kit..LOL...:)] Anyway, try to find some that are not too high or too crazy. Like I say the touring style will look nice, but this is just my opinion.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea I think I'll prolly wait until I make up my mind on a wing rather then rush into buying one and then not be satisfied with it later on. The tail lights I'll prolly have done next week then...maybe sooner. Thanks for the input!

bj

G

·
0 Posts
so what happen??

Hey Swift, what happen with the tail, how did they come out?? Just curious and interested...keep us posted...peace.
-krazy

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uh...well...I haven't quite had them installed yet. I'm having them done while I am in New Orleans for Mardi Gras next month. I'll post pics as soon as it's done. Sorry this has taken so long. =\ take care!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive had my supra taillights for over a year now
sitting in my room , I can't find anyone to put
them in. I live in CT right on the New York line
so if anyone knows any custom body places around
help me out because in my area no one will do the
work.

93 LS ] Worked

·
Registered
72 Posts
man, i've beening working on mine for like 3 months now. since I'm doing it myself, i don't really have alot of time to work on it at once, but it's a bitch. all that trimming and welding. if I were to do it again, i'd have to say get the backend of a supra and use the taillight housing from that. it would be alot easier. that and don't do it yourselves unless you know what the hell your doing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats what the one of the body shops told me
after my car was there for a month , to get the
supra houseing . Im gonna try and sell them.
Good luck with yours , let me know how u make out.

93 LS ] Worked but far from done

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'm sure it's definitely possible to do without the Supra's housing. I mean, other MX6'ers have done it. I think it has to do with the shop man's ability to work with fiberglass. if you go to a regular shop that only deals with collisions and stuff, I'm sure they'll flip you off if you ask them to do something custom like that.

Good luck guys.

R

·
0 Posts
WANT EM

YO ANYONE LOOKIN TO SELL THEIR SUPRA TAIL LIGHTS LET ME KNOW I WILL BUY EM HIT ME UP

·
Registered
891 Posts
turbociv920 said:
OLD SKOOL !!, one of the firstt
why are you bringing back old post? do you feel special or something?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts