Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this should be on non-perf forum... Anyone know what brakes did Toyota use in Twinturbo ´94 Supra? I was wondering if I could do some brake upgrade with Supra brakes... I´m intrested on Supra brakes 'cause they're ripped off from propably only Twinturbo Supra in Finland.
Oh yeah, how many of you can say that your car is 25% of it's kind in whole country? I can, there are only four MX-6 in Finland. (Blimey, is that why I can't find any performance products for me car...) :freak:
Thank you for yer time
Mici

·
Registered
488 Posts
There is a company in Australia called DBA or something close to that that has a listing of all the offsets and demensions of most every stock rotor made out there. Best bet is to look up the specs on there site to see if the Supra rotors will even fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been considering a 2nd gen RX-7 brake upgrade. I have to see if an adapter mounting bracket can be made to fit them. Any 2nd gen RX-7 that had a 5 bolt pattern should have come with 4 piston brake calipers. I can get them for about $40 each from the wreckers. Then you just need to buy new RX7 rotors and pads and your set. Forget these $1000 big brake upgrade kits. If you've ever felt the stopping power of an RX-7 then you know it's phenomenal. Wish me luck.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us know if that works out! I've never thought that. Intresting. BTW, does your rims still fit? I mean does 2nd gen RX-7 have same bolting than ours? (Man, I don't know the exact word for this. Hope U understand what I mean.)
Mici

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't know if the 5 bolt is the same spacing, but that's easy to find out. I'm pretty sure it should. Japanese compacts usually use the same smaller 5 bolt spacing. It's the big domestics that use the larger spacing.

As far as rim clearance is concerened, the 2G RX-7 came stock with 16's on the GXL's and turboII's so anything 16" or larger should accomodate.

I have to get all the specs from both suspensions to see if the bracket is possible.

As for master cylinder upgrade's, if the new calipers increase brake pedal travel too much, there is a simple 929 MC swap that's been done before. I'll post if any success.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts