Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the near future i plan to replace the front suspension new struts and new springs all aorund.

thats the ideal ride height.

what sturt/spring combination would give me that height and still be a realvilty nice drive.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Even King superlows will not get you that low. Short of re-compressing/cutting superlows (I don't think anyone would recommend that), I've heard that 2G springs/struts can get you up to an inch lower, and they work on the front of 1Gs. So a 2G strut and superlow setup might be the go, as for right quality, it will be tight, expect to hear some new rattles.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
You could alway hit up Jules for his supplier, remember he said he had a 7" drop:jump: :freak:

Are the "2nd gen struts" from the MX6 only or do struts from a 626 work as well?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
my car with superlows doesnt sit all that mcuh higher than that pictured...

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
jumbo 3 inch dropd will do that

in fact I think with the tyre edge right on thew gaurd and you will have to lip them.

As for shocks - due to only way to get a shock to last woudl be to chuck some cheap monroes and keep replacing them. Other wise do a custom shorted strut

·
Registered
415 Posts
crusty said:
Are the "2nd gen struts" from the MX6 only or do struts from a 626 work as well?
I looked into this when I upgraded, and the part numbers for 2G mx6 and 626 struts are the same, at least for pedders, monroe and kyb. I'm talking about the front *only*, i didn't even bother checking rears as its been debated to death on the US forums, and they don't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts