Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a suspension knock in all 4 wheels....mostly happens around 4mph to 25...its always there.....i have no clue..and its not the cv boots just had them replaced (its on all 4 wheels....is anyone else having this problem...it does not affect handling but is annoying......

later
lemongopher

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I don't have a knocking on all 4 wheels. But my rear suspension makes a really annoying creaking noise, and it's getting worse...

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
I was thinking the same thing...I am going to be putting new struts/springs on it after christmas and if that solves the problem, I will let you know.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Explain this suspension knock for me... Does it knock whenever you hit a bump? Does it make a noise as the wheel turns repeatedly? What does the sound SOUND like, is it like a metal hitting metal sound or something else? What year and how many miles does it have?

Maybe by answering these questions, it might clear some things up. If not, I think this will be hard to troubleshoot, harder than telling the difference between a monkey in heat in a bachelor party.

[Edited by JPMX6GT on 12-09-2000 at 11:08 PM]

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya.......whenever you hit a bump, it does not even have to be a bump..but a shift in the pavement. just little shifts can make it (as well as big bumps) it does not happen when i make tight circles..it sounds like a knocking, ya metal vs metal but no but i was thinking like the struts are worn...but the car does not bounce ...the car rides nice.
i have a 93 V6 5 speed LS.....with 86000 miles.

lemongopher

·
Registered
135 Posts
similar problem here... i thought my trunk was loose at first, but i think my struts are bad. i have 90,000 miles on my 93... i think its just time to get em replaced

1 - 7 of 7 Posts