Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just got some coilovers for my mx6 and i was wondering if i have to allign my car after i put them on. my buddy has put coilovers on his car before but if anybody can give me some info or helpful hints on how to do it that would be much apreatiated. thanks

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
You'll need an alignment.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
most definatly will need an alignment and possibly a camber kit, depending on hw much you want to drop it. when i got my coilovers i needed a camber kit to align everything right, because i dropped all the way down in the front and 3/4 way down in the back.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Here's my biggest gripe about coilovers...

My understanding is that sure, you can get it an alignemnt when it's dropped 2" lets say. But what about when you adjust it to 3" or you make it 2" higher than stock or just put it back to stock height? Your alignment is messed up all over again.

So what's the point of being able to adjust them other than setting them once and not touching them again.

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:

My understanding is that sure, you can get it an alignemnt when it's dropped 2" lets say. But what about when you adjust it to 3" or you make it 2" higher than stock or just put it back to stock height? Your alignment is messed up all over again.

So what's the point of being able to adjust them other than setting them once and not touching them again.
lol, you actually have a very good point there... the only reason i got my coilovers is because they drop more then any drop spring out there.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Florida must have flat roads! (come to think of it, the only roads in Florida I had been on were in great shape.. including the "Experimental Pavement" sections)

Up here it's tough enough to not scrape the ground on Eibachs. :(

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:
Florida must have flat roads! (come to think of it, the only roads in Florida I had been on were in great shape.. including the "Experimental Pavement" sections)

Up here it's tough enough to not scrape the ground on Eibachs. :(
thats one thing i love about FL., the roads are great but the heat sucks...

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I bet the heat does suck in the summer.. but hell, you can work on your car outside right now! Whereas here it's dipping down to the 30's overnight. :(

·
Banned
1,541 Posts
damn thats crazy, yeah i moved here from NY and the only reason i stay is because i dont have to worry about my car getting stolen or messed up. but where your at, that weather is great for a boosted car....

damn we took this thread way off track....:D

just to try and get back on, make sure if you get coilovers you also buy new shocks and cut the purches..one thing you dont want to do it use your stock shocks...:cool:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Fastest95PGT said:

I get free alignments...that's the only reason I might explore coilovers at some point. Granted, my car isn't a track car so really there's no purpose in the coilover setup....not yet atleast.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
RevZempoe said:
I get free alignments...that's the only reason I might explore coilovers at some point. Granted, my car isn't a track car so really there's no purpose in the coilover setup....not yet atleast.
I get them free as well but it'll be a bad alignment till you get that alignment though. That's my point.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thats funny ive had iebach ground controls and never had an alignment done. I had it checked when i put 18" rims on my 6 even then the guys said it was good. just my .02 input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts