Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so when sitting at a stop light, backing out of my driveway, or just driving at slow speeds, my suspention makes this loud popping noise, it seems to happen at random times, and not depending on road condition.. one susgestion i got from a coworker was the rack and pinion linkage coming lose, or somethin in the steering.. i know for sure its not the sway bar... any susgestions or similar occurances?
also to add to the list... when im in reverse and i lightly tap the brakes it makes this horrible humming noise? would this be the "seperating pin"? bad rotors? pads?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
suspension noises

Check the struts. The top mounts are prone to wear.

Humming brakes in reverse. Hmm.....that's a new one !
Is the noise coming from the back or up front under the hood ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rear brakes emitt noise from the rear brake. it is actually a very loud noise, it gets the neighboors to look over...

The struts seem to be fine, have you ever heard of steering linkage or possible engine mounts? or would i notice a difference in handeling...

·
Banned
4,040 Posts
natedawg191 said:
when sitting at a stop light ... my suspention makes this loud popping noise,
I've never heard of noise from the suspension on a stationary car. I'm thinking it must be something other than suspension.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
poppin & hummin !

It might help if you were to have someone drive the car slowly (forward & reverse) and turn the steering wheel, while you investigate the source of the sounds from the outside.
If all else fails, jack the car up and pull the wheels for a closer inspection for analizing the suspension and brakes. If you want, alot of garages will put it up on a rack for a nominal fee.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts