Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know or think if it would be possible to buy a pair of supra tails, or altezza's, remove the insides of them, like the light things and the chrome stuff and get it to fit inside our tail light? like gut the light and mount it inside ours so you wouldn't have to screw with your car?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I am not sure that sounds real iffy!!! but that would be an expesive to try and not have it work. you may be better off just having the supra lights modded in place. Oh you may also want to look at the MR2 lights. there is a guy with those.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Well, I dunno either but I think if you do that you would definetly need clear lenses on back lights. This sounds like a tite idea to me... Let us know if you manage to do this.
Later(al)
Mici

Y

·
0 Posts
mods

what exact mods are needed to swap the supra lenses in place of mine?

·
Registered
321 Posts
if I am not mistaken I believe just a little body work to get the corners to fit just right. I was told that by the guy with the mr2 lights.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
With Supra tails I think you need to do some more. Check out the outside corner of the light. On supra it is not like going to the side like on MX-6. Damn, I can't find the right words on this but check them out closely and you'll see what I mean.
Mici

·
Registered
475 Posts
damn that 6 with the supra tails is hot!!!!
dont like the mufflers sticking out though looks alittle ricey. But the rest looks great!!!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
allworldkj said:
damn that 6 with the supra tails is hot!!!!
dont like the mufflers sticking out though looks alittle ricey. But the rest looks great!!!
that is Ricky Wongs, that is the one of the sweetest 6's ever!!( i think). he used to have a web site but i dont recall the address. i used to talk to him on yahoo, but he dont get on any more!, he was selling that at one time, not sure if he did or not!

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
The body work to install the tails is pretty much as follows: you have to 1) cut deeper into the body and make a new "box" or frame (for the light to sit in and attach to) because the supra tails are deeper than the mx6 ones 2) the supras do not curve around like our lights, they are flat so you need to somehow (tack welding, body fill, however) fill the gap 3) extend the trunk lid a little so that it shapes with the new lights. I think that's pretty much it from when I looked at it with the body shop guy. Anyways, as soon as my car is back from Mazda it's going for the supra tails and new spoiler.

bjh

·
Registered
321 Posts
supra tails

Hey if you don't mind email me and let me know how much it is going to cost to have those put in. because if it is not too much I want to have it done. [email protected]

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Probably be next week before I can get back to you. My 6 is in the shop all of this week. I hope to have it back thursday night but I don't know, if not, it's tuesday. I'll keep you posted from there.

bj

Y

·
0 Posts
hey man, whenever you get your ride back, if you could also forward me the bill on how much i can expect to pay for the altezza installs, it would be much appreciated.
[email protected]
thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Supra Tail lights

I had that Supra tail light mod done too, (about 3 months ago) wasn't expensive at all really. The tail lights go for $400 Cnd and you do have to make your own mount. They don't wrap around the car so I had someone fill in the gaps at the sides with fiberglass, then painted. I did it just before the whole car got painted. Just make sure they are a tight fit or water gets in easily.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What about integra tails? don't they wrap around like ours a little more... plus there are altezza integra tails all over the place...?

·
Registered
321 Posts
yes this is true but I am not sure if anyone has tried it yet so you could be the first. but I an not sure what year would be best. Try it out!

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
Hey Jessica, where are you from? I noticed you put the price of the tails in canadian $$$ so I'm just curious. How long did it take the body shop to do the work? Anyways, later!

bj

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Re: Supra Tail lights

Jessica said:
I had that Supra tail light mod done too, (about 3 months ago) wasn't expensive at all really. The tail lights go for $400 Cnd and you do have to make your own mount. They don't wrap around the car so I had someone fill in the gaps at the sides with fiberglass, then painted. I did it just before the whole car got painted. Just make sure they are a tight fit or water gets in easily.
Jessica, we want to see your ride. At least I do! This sounds good. A female who is doing mods to MX-6. Mmmm...
Mici

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have a set of these for sale

I have a brand new set of Supra tails for sale $100 is the price, e-mail me @ [email protected] I was going to put these on my 6 but i decided to do a 5 speed swap insted, so let me know if anyone is interested.

p.s. these do look hot on the 6 !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw earlier someone mention mr-2 tails, I am curious to see what this looks like, and how much work is involved in installing these. And yes, those supra tails definitely look dope....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts