Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Addco endlinks and a set of poly bushings for my stock sway bars. I recieved one set of the bushings so far and they're for an 18mm sway bar. I did a search on the sizes but I've seen different answers. I don't have 4ws. Does anyone know the stock sizes of the front and rear sway bar for a 1st gen? I know manifest had the part #'s for the energy suspension pieces. The part # I have for one set is the same as he mentioned but I want to make sure I have the right sizes for the front and the back before I get my car in the air. Does anyone have that info? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I already have the endlink sizes. I'm looking for the front and rear sway bar sizes so I know which size of bushing I need. I think I've heard 18mm for the back but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sorry, I still don't follow...

You should be able to get the two Addco endlink kits I mentioned above, install them and enjoy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, sorry I'm not being clear with this, I worded this question really crappy. What I'm looking for is the diameter of the stock front and rear sway bars for a 1st gen MX6. I want to make sure I order the right size bushings for the bar. I don't need any information on the endlinks. I have already ordered the Addco endlinks. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
:idea:

Now I'm with ya. Damn Haynes manual says nothing about sway bar dimensions. Sorry. Are you getting them from Addco or Energy Suspension?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting the sway bar bushings from Energy Suspension. I guess I could just crawl my a$$ under the car and get out the calipers.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Front is 24.2mm (.95in), rear is 16mm (.63in). Unless you have 4ws then rear could be either 16 or 18mm (.71in)

If you don't have a GT then the front will be either 17.5mm (.69in) or 20mm (.79)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts