Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so wandering through the junk yard today i waked past a car marked "1979 Toyota corolla" but wait it says Mazda... turns out it was a 1979 mazda 626 :) thought somebody on here might like a few (though they arent great pics)

i liked the steering wheel so i took it and threw it on my 6 :)

ill clean it up and fix the horn but i think i like it a little better than stock... idk yet. it is actually the same size as our stock wheel and i wanted something a little smaller but we will see

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
that steering wheel is ballin!

i was just about to say take it too lol

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
who left the CD player in there? jeez I've never seen a deck left in a car sold to a scrap company or a salvage yard. Cool find eitherway

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no the last pic is my car with the 79 626 wheel in it.

btw i sanded the metal down and painted it glossy black but how would i go about cleaning the rubber wheel itself without damaging it?

·
Registered
349 Posts
who left the CD player in there? jeez I've never seen a deck left in a car sold to a scrap company or a salvage yard. Cool find eitherway
Very True

+1

edit I take that back, thats his car, hahahaa

I wonder if there is a way to change the color of the leather on the wheel. It would look sweet if was the maroon color

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
leather?... doesnt feel like leather at all. it seriously feels like a rubber ball.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try SEM dye at most auto paint supply stores. The dye (for leather and vinyl) will do better than paint, but it comes in a spray can like paint. Should make it look almost new. Just clean it thoroughly first.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what can i clean it with while not damaging it?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no they arent

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
really? you have a link possibly i think that would be cool to see

1 - 14 of 14 Posts