Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, trying to get my car up an going again. took it to a shop her in town with intenetions of having a tbird hybrid installed. Guy recommends a t3/t4 turbo kit with fmic intercooler and piping off ebay. Just wanted input on thse kits, will i need any other upgrades? my cars got a chipped ecu, mbc and turbo timer, air fuel guage. just wanting to make sure i dont get in to deep with this

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
take a look at the T3/T4 guys around here also take a look at the dead MX6's and PGT's due to that same combo. My suggestion is stick with the t-bird and check out the total status of the engine and figure out wether or not you want to go through with it. You will probably need some engine management to get any 300-400 #'s though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nothing wrong with goin t3/t4, itz pretty nice, u jus gott have it done right, there are alot of 6s that run good(like minies), i love the sound of my wastegate openin.....

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
most ebay kits are gonna be china turbos, and wont last worth a damn.
I disagree, My ebay vtrim had lasted over 6 month now of extremely daily beatdown. but i cant say the same about my turbonetic turbo i bought from agp. has been rebuilt twice on warranty. as long as you run a restrictor on the turbo, you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I disagree, My ebay vtrim had lasted over 6 month now of extremely daily beatdown. but i cant say the same about my turbonetic turbo i bought from agp. has been rebuilt twice on warranty. as long as you run a restrictor on the turbo, you will be fine.
Isn't your Turbonetics BB? If it is, it's a no brainer you have to run a restricter in your oil feed. The oil pressure will overcome the ball bearings, which need very little oil pressure to operate correctly.

It's hit or miss with the pots'n'pans turbochargers. Some will last a year, some will last a week. All depends on how much nickel is or isn't in the components :)

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Isn't your Turbonetics BB? If it is, it's a no brainer you have to run a restricter in your oil feed. The oil pressure will overcome the ball bearings, which need very little oil pressure to operate correctly.

It's hit or miss with the pots'n'pans turbochargers. Some will last a year, some will last a week. All depends on how much nickel is or isn't in the components :)
i have 2 turbonetic, the 60-1 is ballbearing, im talking about the 50 trim, even , all turbonetic turbo comes with a restrictor. Im not saying ebay turbo doesnt go bad, but I have ebay turbo on project primer right now, and its been great.any turbo can go bad with too much oil pressure

1 - 10 of 10 Posts