Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok a while back i was watching tv and i saw this thing that was a tach that yhou plugged into your cigarette lighter and thats it. i think. but it told you a lot of stuff and it had a progammable shift light. does anyone know what im talking about and were can i find it. and i was wondering i don know how in the hell it would work but maybee someone has it and could tell me a little more?

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
freshrubber said:
ok a while back i was watching tv and i saw this thing that was a tach that yhou plugged into your cigarette lighter and thats it. i think. but it told you a lot of stuff and it had a progammable shift light. does anyone know what im talking about and were can i find it. and i was wondering i don know how in the hell it would work but maybee someone has it and could tell me a little more?
i believe what you are referring to is the gtech performance meter. i just stole my friends and it is a lot of fun to play with. it just plugs in the cigarette lighter and you dont have to plug anything else in. if you want some pics of it or some more specific info just pm me. later, hurley

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
nah, you just plug the cig lighter in for power and its good to go. basically, you can set it up by putting in the car's weight, pitch correction, and calibrate the tach. to calibrate the tach you just rev the car to two rpm numbers and then click ok and somehow the tach is pretty accurate. and if you make the inputs for pitch correction and the car's weight accurate, it will come up with some good numbers. i personally would not waste my time buying, i would try to find someone that has one and would let you borrow it. according to the box, it uses three precision accelerometers that are built into the unit but you dont have to plug anything into the ecu or anything. it does 0-60 time, 1/4 time, 1/8 time, G's, estimates horses and ft/lb torque. and it will work as a tach and have shiftlights. later, hurley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts