Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like 2 know if anyone has any idea where the tachometer picks up its signal from and where abouts near the coil pack? i can see a plug which has 4 wires coming out of it. i dont wann have 2 pull my whole speedo out either cos its gonna b a pain. i tried looking for it in the woners manual and guess whats missing....? the @#$! wiring diagram...bloody 2nd hand books. so if any of u guys can help it would b appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey, whats up, your probably looking for a white, or green wire that comes off the coil(thats the lead to the tach that tells it what rpm your car is running at). it might be a different color(i havent even looked at my car) but 99% of the time, it's either white or green, and if that fails, get a haynes manual

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still cant find it!

i gave the dork behind the bookshop counter the book back and told him the wiring diagram was missing. he looked at me and said oh well suppose u want a refund!!!idiot! the manual doesnt tell u where the wire is. the best i could do was look thru the plug clusters connection on the ecu. still to no avail. i have tried to look 4 the wire of the colours u suggested but all i can see is the plug(black)with 4 wires most of them are black(3) and the other is traced with white. its starting 2 lose its humour!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts