Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took out my guages and was playing around with them and when i put the needle back on its way off. is there a way to reset the needle position. on my friend's prelude he jumped the computer to do it. any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
yeah no kidding... ever sice i took them out to make acetate copies, whenever i turn the key on, the needle jumps to 2.25K. without even starting the car... i bet Mike 94PGT knows...

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Stage36 said:
yeah no kidding... ever sice i took them out to make acetate copies, whenever i turn the key on, the needle jumps to 2.25K. without even starting the car... i bet Mike 94PGT knows...
Actually, sorry guys but I don't know anything about the guages & needles in the car. I do know there are specializecd tools used to remove & install the needles properly though when it comes to indexing the needle correctly, I can't offer any help.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
damn...

when i took it off, it was at zero. when i put it back on, i put it at zero and when i installed them and turned on the key, it jumped... wierd.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Maybe your car is lettting you know that its exciting that its going to be driven.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
try this with the RPM neddle, well you know the car will idle around 700 or so( you should know what yours does) turn the car on and the little pin that you set the neddle on should move to that spot after the car is warm,right, anyway, let the car warm up leave it running and replace the neddle to the place that your car idles at most often.

Now about the speedo i dont know, mine is still off. anybody want to help???

the temp gauge could be done the same way, let the car warm up and leave the car running the little pin will be in the normal spot, replace the neddle and there you go. same with gas, go fill up with gas (fiil up all the way) the little pin will be all the way over so replace the neddle and there you go.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I took off my needle to do my lightsheet guages, I had to warm the engine up with all power things off... like ac, and listen for the fan running... the engine will naturally rev higher to counter the current draw. You may have to do this several times to get it right for ALL the needles. The fuel was the biggest pain because it slowly registers the accurate reading... so if you miss it the first time you should wait a mintue or two before trying it again. The others make sure your car is running and place the speedo at 0 obviously... I hope your not driving while doing this! and the tach at 700, the temp right in the middle... that's what I did anyway. My fuels still off a little... on a full tank point the needle just a tad bit farther than the full mark digit. Have fun.. it took me a little while to get it just right.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
thats a good idea, but there HAS to be another way. i dont think they let the cars warm up at the factory and then pop the needles on there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts