Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some nightshade tint spray last night and I have an idea for the tails... i'm thinking of having one light say Mazda across it (left red) and MX-6 on the other left red but tinted on the rest of it, any opinions on this?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Please dont. I think you'll regret it after you do it.

I thought it always looked good with everything tinted except the reverse light, but their your lights

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah thats the other way I was thinking of doing it is everything but the reverse lights

·
Registered
418 Posts
i just saw a picture of your car and its black so i would definetely do everything but the reverse light and im sure it would look awesome. make sure you clear it

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yah I picked up some clear as well hopefully I will have enough left over from the spoiler

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
It would be cool if you had a small Mazda stencil (like 1" x 3") to use and put it in the corner of one of the lights at an angle. Then you could spray tint the whole tail with a light coat, remove the stencil/sticker, and spray it again. You would have tinted tails with a stealthy little mazda logo on them.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
there is an idea! I probably wont be doing it for a little while now due to the cold weather unless I can find somewhere heated that I can paint.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I was thinking of picking up a set of stock tails as a spare set to try it out on and do everything but the reverse lights on these ones but where the tails themselves are lit up at night on one side do the different levels of tint then where the turn signals ar put zoom in each one :D lol but in such a way that its only visible when lit up

planning on putting whatever is left over on my fogs.

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
Do yourself a favor and don't go overboard. Tinted tails are cool if done nicely but if you overdo them they will look bad.

Also, tinting your fogs would probably be a bad idea. I like how they look on my black car. It is a nice contrast.

Also, for the love of god, lower your car soon. I just checked out the link in your sig. That thing is a 4x4.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know man workin on paying off some bills and then i'll come up with the funds by the time the snow melts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Do yourself a favor and don't go overboard. Tinted tails are cool if done nicely but if you overdo them they will look bad.

Also, tinting your fogs would probably be a bad idea. I like how they look on my black car. It is a nice contrast.

Also, for the love of god, lower your car soon. I just checked out the link in your sig. That thing is a 4x4.
x2 on the fogs, i smoked mine and they just look like they are not there, and as far as the tails i also tinted mine with nightshades and to tell u the truth i didnt like the reaction over time. plus i got a ticket for it. it wasnt even that dark, long story short i got new ones and am gonna do this mod. . . . .
to me looks wayyy better
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-appearance-mods/169262-painting-tail-lamps.html

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
x2 on the fogs, i smoked mine and they just look like they are not there, and as far as the tails i also tinted mine with nightshades and to tell u the truth i didnt like the reaction over time. plus i got a ticket for it. it wasnt even that dark, long story short i got new ones and am gonna do this mod. . . . .
to me looks wayyy better
http://www.mx6.com/forums/2g-mx6-appearance-mods/169262-painting-tail-lamps.html
Or you can get m-edition tails like mine. :angel:

·
Registered
437 Posts
pic of my fogs, also had smoked headlight covers, waste of 50$ if u ask me, finally got some j-specs after stock, smoked, angel eyes. big lesson learned there.

pic of my tails

and fyi my car is wayyy different then back then

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i'm not worried about cops lol at least around here a few of my friends did the tails in nightshades and when we have our little meets at tims usually a couple of the local cops come chill with us while they are on duty haha

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Its only about 10-20 bucks to have stencils cut from a local vinyl shop. Thats how I did all my radical taillight designs back in the day.

I however would recommend to stay away from that and just tint them.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts