Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I need to ask a question again. I just painted my 93 mx6 white and I'm looking for some tailights either clear or those white covers I've seen on some cars around town. I'm not very good at finding stuff on the net. So if someone could help me out I would love it! By the way I'm big dork and I may have put this message one twice, so if so sorry. By the way thanx to the person who helped me out with where to find my rear side lamps. this website has been a big help to me.

·
Registered
763 Posts
thats what this web is for :)

I 've learned enough from here too, and I'm sure most people here have benefitted from this website.

big ups once again to the moderators!!

anyways back on topic, if you find some clear taillights for your car, I'm gonna come to your house and steal them!!!!!

and I dont know about what white covers your talking about.. if you're talking about vinyl covers, you can pick that up from any aftermarket store

·
Registered
153 Posts
if some one would send me some mx6 tail lights i could attempt to create clear ones for our car, but im 80% sure it will work

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have been deciding wether or not to try myself to create clear tail lights....I have 1 extra tail light from when someone hit the rear of my car and broke it....the end is cracked off of it, but I can work around that just to make a hybrid model lol. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but have been looking into it. Any tips or advice would be cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
just take off the cover of the lenses and go down
to a plastic shop. get clear plastic, cut out the pattern,put it in the oven for 3-4 min at 350,
mold it to the old dumb red cover, then use apoxy
to glue it to the taillight. the go and get the
1157 led lights. wow there you have red taillights
and a clear cover. almost like altezas. or if you
dont like altezas, im shure the plastic shop will
have some kind of lenz that youll like.
good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
what do you mean 1157 led lights? What are these where can I get them? I was also thinking about doing what you said, but that was just for clears, I was thinking of trying to get something for the headlights as well, although I think that would be a little bit harder to do...

·
Registered
153 Posts
if someone would send me a tail light i could experiment and if it works they get the clear taillight for free and all they have to pay is shipping

·
Registered
26 Posts
L.E.D.

L.E.D. lights are replacment lightbulbs.
the are small BRITE lights atached to a
1157 outlet that pulgs into you brakelights.
these small RED lights are brite enugh so that
the are completly fine to put on clearlights.
you can get them at summit i think jc whitney
and some other places too. about $20
Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts